“Perfectly ordinary” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Perfectly ordinary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The room was very clean, and I did not notice any smells; usually I am very picky about that sort of thing. The pillows were a little thin, but I always bring my own to supplement, anyway. It was surprisingly quiet for how close it is to the interstate.

The swimming pool and hot tub were excellent, as the indoor pool is even heated. The hot tub could use a little maintenance, but I know those get pretty beat up.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank msmythe365
GMColumbiaMO, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Columbia I-70, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you giving us a realistic review. We appreciate that you understood that a few mishaps could possibly happen. We are happy to have been useful to you during your travel and should you be passing by, we warmly invite you to drop by.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Dazey, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The check-in process was fairly smooth and the night clerk was willing to deal on a room when presented with assorted coupons from competitors. Overall, the hotel was okay, but given another choice, I would have taken it. The place smelled like an old hotel--you know what I mean. The room and bathroom were clean enough for the price. Some updating of the property would help. I cannot comment on the breakfast as I checked out before it was ready. I got in late and left early, so it was a little dark the whole time I was there--probably for the better!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
We value our customers opinion and thankful that you have shared yours. Your suggestion for the property upgrade is most welcome. We do make efforts to stay competitive in our locale. Please know that improvements to our amenities are in our management’s consideration.

Travelers are raving about these Columbia hotels

Louisville, KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Really, I'm not that hard to please, but this place is ... terrible. The rooms are dated, and although they had been cleaned, they have been rode hard. The bedspreads were dingy and the carpet was old. I really didn't want to walk on the carpet barefooted. The bathroom toilet tank cover was far too big, and was plastic -- for a porcelain toilet. The towels were worn and thin. The drain in the sink did not drain. The halls are long and dirty, especially the walls. The door jams were filthy. The continental breakfast is served in a converted room. It's sparse.

We stayed in Columbia on a home Missouri football weekend with a group. This simply was the only place we could make a reservation. If I could have chosen another place, I would have done so. We stayed with another family who had another room and young children. The parents constantly were telling the kids not to play on the floor.

The staff was friendly and the sheets were clean, but that was about all I can say positive. I would not stay again and I wouldn't recommend it to you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank VilleLou
Thank you for your detailed comment about our facilities and staff. We continually go and improve all that we can to make your stay most restful. Every note made is taken into account (the toilets, towels, bedspread, etc.) and will be checked and discussed further by management as to how the hotel may be made better.
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great front desk staff.
pet friendly
NEW BEDS
CLEAN
15.00 more than Motel 6 with FREE BREAKFAST!
Free WIFI
GREAT CHANNEL SELECTION AND TV GUIDE

CONS:

Need a power strip for the computer desk please.
Could need the door jams painted, and a flat screen TV but then it could rival the Marriott!

Room Tip: Chose an even room 102, 104, 106 etc to park next to the window to keep an eye on your car if travel...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TahoeLOC
Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback to us and to the other readers as well. We have indeed extended our arms to your adorable pets and provided free WIFI connection as we have recognized they are growing in demand. We are glad our efforts to improve are appreciated by our guests.
Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We chose the Econolodge because of so many good reviews. The room had everything we needed and the breakfast provided was great! We were disappointed with the appearance - washing the windows & doors would make it much more appealing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Darrel L
Thank you for spending a few moments to review us. We are happy to hear that our room has provided you with what you needed that time. We appreciate comments and suggestions like these and use them to guide our future actions.
Soddy Daisy, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Motel was O.K., fairly reasonable and a quick "off and on" for freeway. Staff was friendly at check-in and it was fast as we had made reservations since it was Labor Day weekend. Continental breakfast was average.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
We appreciate that you have left a simple and fair comment. Our staff is ready to assist you in making your vacation hassle free. We are happy to have been your companion for the holiday weekend. We hope in the future you will book with us again.
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Found this place because we need a hotel that was pet friendly. We were traveling with two dogs and this turned out to be a great place to stay. Clean, quiet, nice size rooms for a budget price. Pretty hard to go wrong here. It is right on interstate so it was easy to get on an off. Large park area right on property to exercise your pet. I would stay here again even if I didn't have our dogs with us. It's not a Holiday Inn, but it's not a $100 a night either.

Room Tip: Not sure if they are available but there are some rooms with outside entrances. Would have been nice...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for leaving a good recommendation. We are pleased that you and your pets have enjoyed your stay. We take pride in our location and happy that this has been a convenience for you. We provide as much as can within our budget class as we would like our guest to feel that they have found staying with us a great deal and worth every penny.