“Clean nice hotel for the money”

Days Inn Columbia I-70
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Found this place because we need a hotel that was pet friendly. We were traveling with two dogs and this turned out to be a great place to stay. Clean, quiet, nice size rooms for a budget price. Pretty hard to go wrong here. It is right on interstate so it was easy to get on an off. Large park area right on property to exercise your pet. I would stay here again even if I didn't have our dogs with us. It's not a Holiday Inn, but it's not a $100 a night either.

Room Tip: Not sure if they are available but there are some rooms with outside entrances. Would have been nice...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
GMColumbiaMO, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Columbia I-70, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Thank you for leaving a good recommendation. We are pleased that you and your pets have enjoyed your stay. We take pride in our location and happy that this has been a convenience for you. We provide as much as can within our budget class as we would like our guest to feel that they have found staying with us a great deal and worth every penny.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

You people who are giving this joint high reviews - what are you smoking? Or, as I suspect, are the owners gaming the reviews? This, my friends, is a dump. A very scary dump. (Employees who stand around aimlessly, look at you funny, and then follow you up the stairs. Long interior hallways that remind you of "The Shining." An eery parking lot that's largely hidden from the road and dimly lit.)

The rooms smell nasty, in that "don't think too hard about the smells we're covering up or you'll puke" way. And even the non-smoking rooms smell like smoke. I know because I had to change rooms after check-in, due to the smokey smell, and the second room was only mildly better than the first.

(Mech/Tech notes: The phones didn't work properly in either room. The shower spewed brown water when I first turned it on. But the wi-fi was super fast.)

Simply put, if I had a daughter, there's no way I would let her stay here. As they say about so many interstate dives, you'd be better off sleeping in your car at a rest stop.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank WingedLizard

Thank you for giving us your feedback. We have received comments about the smell and are working to keep the place fresh, as we desire to make your stop more relaxing. Please note that we have regular checks and maintenance so we can welcome guests at our best. We hope that next time you reconsider staying in our hotel.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I chose to stay here 2 nights to take advantage of one of the Choice promotoins for points. I wasn't expecting much yet my bath was spotless and the room was very clean. It is alittle worn but the price was right. I've only stayed in 1 other Econolodge and this one was by far nicer than the first. If I'm ever in Columbia and the Comfort Suites is full, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate that you have made a fair comment; even more when you stated that you are willing to stay with us again. Indeed, we have been in the hospitality business for some time and we understand that we have to keep up with our guests’ preferences. Please know that these matters are in our mind in our everyday operation.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

THIS HOTEL WAS RECENTLY PURCHASED BY SOMEONE WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT THEIR GUESTS the last time I stayed here in Nov 2011 it was bad and had roaches my sister lives there and told me of the new owner and convinced me to go again OH MY WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I stayed here on July 9 2012 they have just remodeled this hotel and it was very clean and no more bugs and it was very comfortable the bed was so welcoming and soft I missed breakfast because i did not want to get out of it there are many many amenities within 5 miles the indoor pool and hot tub are very inviting and clean I recommend it highly you will be glad you stayed here!

Room Tip: my tip for a good room is get one on the 2nd floor toward the front of building it seems that the 20...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for a wonderful recommendation. We appreciate that you have given our hotel a second chance. This confirms our efforts to provide our guests with a satisfying experience are in effect. We would love to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is hands down, the dirtiest motel I have ever stayed at. The room my wife and I had was a non-smoking and smelled like a cigarette. The bathroom had stains on the wall that looked like blood. How the cleaning crew missed that, I am not sure. Overall a creepy and disgusting $80.00 down the drain. Spend the extra $10 and get a better motel.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed her for 4 days in the middle of March 2012. The motel wasn't impressive from the outside, but the room seemed newly updated, was very clean & quiet and the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The bed appeared to be new, mattress was pillow-topped and very comfy, all linens were extremely clean.

Even tho you could tell it was an older building, everything was very updated and clean .. except for the outlets -- seemed to be only one on the wall with the TV so I had to ask about that problem -- was promptly remedied.

Very economical and conveniently located. I will stay there again this week.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Do not stay here.The online photos are misleading the photos of the main lobby are not even of this hotel! rooms were dirty, had roaches, had hair on the "clean" hand towel, also had stains on the comforter. It was so bad we checked out 15 minutes after checking in... and don't think of getting a refund.. The manager doesn't speak good english in his own words he said "we had a lot of people leave after 15 minutes so you have to ask for a refund before then" if that tells you anything!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business