“perfection”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Columbia
Gathering Place Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Columbia B&B and Inns
Lubbock
“perfection”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This quaint B&B is located directly across the street from Mizzou, so if you have business there, you can't beat it for convenience. The price is pretty good too. The street outside is pretty busy, but I had little trouble crossing it. My room was right on the street, but I could hardly hear it. The B&B is located amidst Greek houses, so Thursday-night stays might be noisy. The staff is wonderful. Debbie is the cook, and she does a fine job of varying the breakfast offerings and making sure they are tasty. The place is spotless. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The Textiles Room has an awesome bathroom, inc. jacuzzi.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My friend and I completely enjoyed our stay at The Gathering Place. As University of Missouri alumnae back for a reunion, we loved the on-campus location, which placed us in the center of lots of happy memories from our student days. Our friends at the same event who stayed in more generic properties out on S. Providence Road on the edge of town were jealous of our location and comfort!

The breakfasts were creative and delicious and, as several other raters have described, the common areas and rooms are immaculate. The student servers were well-trained and helpful. I'd highly recommend this inn to anyone visiting Columbia.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the front of the inn, such as the Textiles Suite, probably are a little noiser because...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Worldlyjane
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I will get it out of the way first....it is located next to a sorority/fraternity (not sure which) who were very loud and kept me up. With that said....it would have been a five star stay hands down.

Pros: Location (right across from the university), the manager (Debbie), cleanliness (inside and out), the character (well well appointed), the internet (worked perfect), the breakfast (incredible), and the room (perfect....large with a separate bedroom). My room was the king suite downstairs so it had its own bedroom then a living room, each with their own separate door to go outside. The living room had windows that looked out onto the patio area which has a large swinging chair....if I was good at being a novelist I would be using quite a few adjectives to describe this quaint, beautiful, and well managed inn to paint a picture like none other. The common areas were also a perfect size. There was a place to get individual coffee or tea at anytime. Ok.....so you get the idea. I wish that I could have rated this 5 stars so read this review with that in mind.

Room Tip: If there are rooms available in the center of the house that would likely buffer the noise from the...
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Gathering place is a beautiful gem in Columbia Missouri. It's immaculate (seriously, you cannot find a speck of dust in this beautiful house), comfortable, gorgeous rooms and the food is incredible! The location is terrific -- close to campus, downtown, etc. The amenities in the rooms are terrific. And I love the fact that the students in the College of Food and Agriculture help run the place as part of their college learning experience. The staff is warm and welcoming. We'll be back!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

In brief, my room and the large common area were spotless and perfectly maintained. I think my room was the smallest offering and yet still had a small sitting area separate from the bedroom. Very private and quiet. The full breakfast was excellent - Deb the Innkeeper even wore a colorful cook's outfit. Hospitality students were very carefully folding napkins and placing silverware at the next table. They appeared to genuinely care for perfect placement of each utensil, etc.

High value for the money. Strongly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Gathering Place when we visited our son at Mizzou. The location was outstanding. Minutes away from downtown and delicious food destinations and just right around the corner from our son's apartment. The breakfast was delicious and even allowed for our college student to join us in the morning to eat, which was very nice. We will be staying at the Gathering place again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Third floor room. It had an extremely comfortable couch and a skylight in the bathr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have stayed at the Gathering Place twice now. Deb and her students offer the one of the best accommodation experiences I have ever had. The breakfast menu is delicious and wonderfully customizable, the bedrooms are comfortable and just luxurious enough, the bathrooms are spacious and include a fantastic tub! It is an amazing combination of feeling pampered and comfortable. Always my first choice in Columbia.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business