“Laissez le bon temps roulet (if I Remember my High School French)”

Jazz A Louisiana Kitchen
Ranked #111 of 402 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday!
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Have been frequenting this restaurant for a few years, in the old location when it had just opened to last Saturday 9/21/13. Food is great and the wait staff and owner make you feel so welcome plus they have entertainment on certain weekends-call ahead to find who's playing. Cajun jewel in a shopping center! Who knew?.

1  Thank Marty A

Reviewed August 28, 2013

A rather good cajun meal for being in the Midwest. I ordered the red beans and rice with andoille sausage and it was quite tasty. My wife had crab cakes and they were also quite tasty.

1  Thank windycitytraveler51
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I was excited to take a couple of friends here because I have enjoyed dinners here four or five times previously. Tonight's dinner was an off night. We had nice appetizers, the boudin balls and fried pickles. But, our entrees a were just so-so. Shrimp creole was thick and sticky, shrimp Diane was flavorless, fried catfish was fishy. Even the bread pudding dessert was too heavy. Our server returned my plate to the kitchen and brought some gumbo, but it was too salty/spicy. Just an off night.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Came here based on a rewards program and this is the first time I had a bad experience. Came after lunch time so it was slow. Their drink menu was not right on what was on draft. I have family from Louisiana and have had good Cajun cooking. I understand this is the middle of Missouri; however, if you are going to do a themed restaurant, they need to do it right. Gator bites with the sauce were very bland. The Fried Oyster Po Boy had a sauce that was not recognizable. The Po Boy is a staple: DO IT RIGHT.

I am not a professional chef; however, when you see something and expect something that has taste, give that to the guest. The po boy is simple and they got it wrong here.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful place to eat, food's good, beer's cold...and speaking of beer, best happy hour in Columbia, $1.25 Bud Light every afternoon.