“Sad Louisiana Attempt”

Jazz A Louisiana Kitchen
Ranked #96 of 389 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday!
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Sad Louisiana Attempt”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Came here based on a rewards program and this is the first time I had a bad experience. Came after lunch time so it was slow. Their drink menu was not right on what was on draft. I have family from Louisiana and have had good Cajun cooking. I understand this is the middle of Missouri; however, if you are going to do a themed restaurant, they need to do it right. Gator bites with the sauce were very bland. The Fried Oyster Po Boy had a sauce that was not recognizable. The Po Boy is a staple: DO IT RIGHT.

I am not a professional chef; however, when you see something and expect something that has taste, give that to the guest. The po boy is simple and they got it wrong here.

Visited July 2013

Centralia, Missouri, United States
“Great place”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful place to eat, food's good, beer's cold...and speaking of beer, best happy hour in Columbia, $1.25 Bud Light every afternoon.

• Visited July 2013
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
“Unexpected surprise”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We were shopping and saw the signs. We thought it was fast food but when you step in it is a sot down restaurant. That was a pleasant surprise. They start with bread slices and herb butter. My husband had shrimp creole and jambalaya. I had blackened chicken, new potatoes, dirty rice and vegetables which was like a stew. Very unique and had several items for someone counting calories and lots for those that aren't. It was a pleasant surprise to even be able to order a smaller plate. The appetizer options were amazing. We saw a big plate of onion rings come out. If we weren't so full we wanted to try their beignets. They have stuffed ones that you can place fruit items or chocolate inside. Yummy. We want to come back for dinner.

• Visited July 2013
Columbia, Missouri, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok place.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice decor, service was pretty good. The food is very salty, little pricey. I have not ever been to Louisiana, but have many friends who have. They all say this is not authentic Louisiana food at all.

• Visited June 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“Overpriced, Undercooked, and terrible service.”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Terrible experience this afternoon.
Sheesh...
Three groups for a late lunch between 3:00 and 4:00 in the building, myself and fiancée one group, and the waitress would have us sit there ten to fifteen minutes before getting our drinks and asking for our orders. THANKFULLY, she was able to get our appetizer in. The best part of the course. I had an empty cup for most of my meal before she finally came back over to refill it, I did forget to mention there was ONE customer at the bar... So she had three groups of two, and a bar patron. Inexperienced, much? Not only was the service bad but the food was undercooked or rotten, one or the other... Because as my fiancée and I got home within the hour it took, we both started getting violently ill. We had eaten nothing else for at six to seven hours before. After vomiting I made some soup and we are definitely feeling better now. I don't know of any reason that this place couldn't be crossed off of my do not eat here list. I've never had such a terrible experience and if it hadn't been for my fiancée I would have returned and demanding my money back for such a horrid experience. Oh, before I forget... The bill came to 35 dollars for two crab cakes, 8 fried oysters, 4 fried shrimp, 6 hush puppies, and warm coleslaw. Wow. What a steal.

HIGHLY, HIGHLY DISSAPOINTED AND DO NOT RECCOMEND.

• Visited June 2013