“Not what I was hoping for!”

Jazz A Louisiana Kitchen
Ranked #87 of 394 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday!
Appleton City, Missouri
“Not what I was hoping for!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I'd been waiting for the chance to eat here ever since I saw the neon shrimp po boy sign in the window & opportunity finally knocked. When we arrived the wait was supposed to be 15 minutes but was at least double that. Not a really big deal, we waited. Out of 5 of us, 3 people were pleased with their meal, & unfortunately, I wasn't one of them. The sandwich looked awesome when it arrived, but it was very bland. The bread, the shrimp, it was all just tasteless. There was no spice, no anything to give it flavor. Big disappointment! My husband had a chicken dish which the waitress said was their most popular menu item & he said it was really good. My daughter had the seafood pasta and enjoyed it also. My son had the sirloin & wasn't impressed. It was pretty crowded but it was after a game so I'm sure that was to be expected. I thought it was a bit pricey with our bill being almost $75.00 & most of us had water. The waitress was friendly & did a good job. I'm glad we tried it but I don't think we'll return.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank rannydef

“All that Jazz”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Loud but really, really gooood food. Love thier Steak Diane. And though I don't care much of bread pudding in general, their's is very good.

Visited March 2012
“GREAT FOOD”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

like this place alot. very good food, tastes are just right. great service. prices are not cheap, but I feel you get what you pay for. Their seafood pasta is my favorite.

Visited May 2012
“Sub-par at best.”
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

The food & service is so-so. The problem is that they have a room full of tables & chairs that are crammed in. If the tables around you are occupied, it's a challenge to extricate to get to the exit, and I'm fairly thin. It's an uncomfortably tight squeeze. I won't be returning.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Southern Cooking”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I grew up in the South, so I know good southern cooking when I see it. The menu is varied, and almost as good as good I've eaten in New Orleans.