Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed April 3, 2014

very nice, very clean, nice new rooms. I often find these type of hotels-the 1 or 2 night stay kind of places creepy. Definitely not the case here. I would have no "reservations" in staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Cindy S

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed at the Country Inn on Dec. 15, 2013. Outstanding accommodations. Staff is very friendly and willing to make your stay comfortable. Rooms are very clean as is the lobby, breakfast area and halls. Restaurants are right next door and grocery store across the street. Also close to the interstate for easy access. The only thing I don't like about the Country Inns as they have such a heavy quilt on the beds which has a very heavy canvas type material that is also very heavy. They are a dark color, and you can't see if they are clean or not. They should have white covers like Fairfield inns that can be washed and are more sanitary.
Will stay here again when we are in the area.
Sylvia Schmidt
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Room Tip: Stay on top floor away from elevators, ice machines and stairway exits.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marie P
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The hotel has been recently updated but somewhat rough around the edges. It seemed to be an older Country Inn which has seen a lot of upkeep. The pool was closed for renovation during our stay. The bathroom vanity was huge. The granite vanity and counter which enclosed the fridge and microwave was nice. The carpet was gold colored and appeared dated. There were several gouges on the walls in the room and bathroom. The room was very clean. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast consisted of bacon, sausage and egg "patties." Muffins and bagels were not replenished even though there were only a few left. We asked the breakfast clerk to change the oj as it was watery and she did. The area itself is very nice with many restaurants nearby. It was a good stay, but not sure we would stay again unless the price is right. There are several nice hotels nearby.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank MinnesotaRandy
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My boyfriend, our baby and myself spent a weekend at this hotel. This hotel is extremely clean, rooms were very kept up, very updated/new throughout and the breakfast was amazing. This hotel isn't far from MU campus and was easy to get to. When we return to Columbia, this will be the ONLY hotel we stay at in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kali M
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and despite having difficulties with my airline and getting my luggage, the front desk staff, specifically Trudi and Stephanie, were very helpful. Trudi helped carry heavy boxes for me, and they both went above and beyond to help me with connecting me to my luggage once it arrived, and then to help me get in touch with customer service through my airline when the bags were broken. The fact that Stephanie was hesitant to sign for damaged luggage and called me to verify it first was great. I travel a lot for work and am in a lot of hotels. This one was a great experience to say the least.

One thing, the walls are a little thin. Otherwise, it's a 5!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank V G
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We had a two queen suite with sofa bed. The room was clean. A little wear and tear but nothing to complain about. Friendly and helpful staff. Free breakfast but I'd rather pay for a decent breakfast sandwich instead. Egg patties and rubbery sausage doesn't cut it. This is standard fare at a lot of hotels chains. Give me a better price on my room and keep the breakfast.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank 4PickyPeople
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The room were clean. We booked a room due to bad weather conditions. They were nice enough to let us check in early and let my husband check out late since he was waiting for me to get off work. They also let us use their stuff to clean our car off. They also have breakfast in the morning bright and early. Thanks again Country Inn, you made rough situation much easier on us.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business