“Columbia Definite”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We tried the Country Inn & Suites in Columbia because we belong to Club Carlson and have stayed at other properties. The hotel follows our experiences with other Carlson properties - very good. It is very clean, smells good, the room is spacious, the staff is always kind and treats us like guests they are glad to have- a characteristic we have found in all Carlson stays. This Columbia Country Inn, while just off I-70, is very quiet. It is spared the traffic noise of the interstate because of another hotel, some restaurants, and an access road in between. I am impressed that the hotel is kept so clean because Columbia gets a lot of visitors being on I-70 and the huge number of visitors and alumni connected with Mizzou. Since Club Carlson is such a great reward program, and this Country Inn & Suites has proven to be a great find like others, we don't look for anywhere else to stay. We have stayed here twice in the Fall of 2013 and will return many more times in the future. It is a great price for the quality. We always find the bed and bedding to be very comfortable at Country Inns and the breakfasts are nice with a little touch of class with real dishes. There is a good variety at breakfast as well and coffee on at all times of the day.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stay at this inn quite a bit. I work for a company based out of Columbia, but I am over a satellite region. The rooms at this inn are always nice and clean. Anytime I need something or have an issue (like one stay I must've misplaced my key card 4x!), they always correct it or provide it with a smile. The continental breakfast is very delicious & offers items you don't always see at other hotels, and offers a comfortable room to enjoy it in (large flat panel tv, tables, comfy chair, real plates and silverware ..). The rooms are large and well equipped. They come with a microwave and a mini-fridge, typically a couch and lounge chair, desk, tv, and of course bed. Some of the larger rooms offer two tvs, and a separated bedroom which is superb if I have my kids with me.

I would most definitely suggest this location to anyone staying in Columbia. With it's easy access to 63 or 70, the polite and professional staff, and fantastically clean and comfortable rooms, it's one of the few select places I would definitely pick time and time again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

We redeemed some loyalty points and got a reasonable discount. The rooms are very large and well equipped. Microwave, fridge, counter to work on, big bathroom with nice shower. Very clean hotel. I love eating breakfast on real plates with real silverware. And the selection of food is extensive. Sure beats la quinta.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were in Columbia for medical reasons, hours from our home, and stayed 4 days at this hotel. The Hotel was very modern and clean. The hot and fresh breakfast items were not the typical 'continental breakfast' items that many hotels advertise and offer. The customer service we received from the manager and from the front desk (Stephanie) was unbelievable. In my entire life, I have never received such great service. Stephanie brought games in for us to play in the hotel room, as recovery from surgery kept our younger children from being able to travel outside the hotel. We have stayed at this hotel many times, but this last stay exemplified the staff's ability and desire to provide excellent customer care. We have more trips planned to Columbia for medical reasons and hope we will be able to stay here again.

Room Tip: Look online at room options.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very nice. Very helpful staff greeted us. Very knowledgeable in giving directions to local eateries. Nice breakfast. Would stay again. Clean, comfortable, quiet. Even for a ground floor. Did not notice traffic noise at all.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

asmob1965@gmail.com

We had been turned away from other hotels in the area as they were full and tried here. The location was right off I-70 with easy accessibility and plenty of parking. The rates are also very reasonable. They were so wonderfully nice to three weary travelers and the hotel had a wonderfully clean homey feeling. Our rooms were spic and span, and compared to other places we had stayed on this trip, it was definitely five stars. The nicest hotel I have stayed in for a long spell. Having a refrigerator and microwave in the room was also an added plus. We were on the second floor and found it to be very quiet. The breakfast was wonderful and real plates and flatware was used. That was a first, as all other places we have stayed used paper and plastic. The kitchen staff were absolutely wonderful. I will be staying in Country Suites from here on out when traveling. I highly recommend this one in Columbia, Mo. You will sleep like a baby.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were in town for a family wedding and decided to stay away from campus and the other wedding guests to avoid rowdy, drunken guests. We were on the 3rd floor, so we didn't have anybody above us clunking about. The rooms were clean and quiet. Having an in room fridge and microwave was an unexpected surprise. The service was very good. Breakfast was more than I expected as well. Not only was there the typical toast, bagels, and cereal, there was also eggs, sausage, biscuits, sausage & gravy, fruit and other things. It is located right off of I-70, so it was easy access from the highway. The only negatives I can think of is the water pressure was low in the shower and the carpet was a little warn--although it was clean. Will keep this brand and facility in mind for other travels.

Room Tip: If possible, stay on the 3rd floor. With no rooms above you, there will be less noise.