“Decent but could have been better”
Review of Ramada Columbia

Ramada Columbia
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Mansfield, Texas
“Decent but could have been better”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I am an extensive business traveler and I only list those things important to business travelers. So in bullet format here are the things I feel are important about this hotel.

PROS
Good location right off the highway
Ample parking
Restaurants within walking distance
Hotel and room are very clean and tastefully decorated.
Luggage stand in room
Fast Internet
Comfortable bed and thick pillows
Thick high quality linens and towels
Iron and board in room

Cons
Desk clerk was unprofessional and yammered on about his workout routine that left him in pain. Too much information. Just give me my key, I am tired and want to relax.

BIG BIG NO NO, there was no hot water in the morning. I had to take a less than luke warm shower in the morning and quickly get out and dry off to warm up. I would have given this property four dots if not for this.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Corey M
ramadacolumbia, General Manager at Ramada Columbia, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. I am directing my maintenance staff to follow through with all the rooms with the concerns that you have raised in the survey. And also I am working with my front desk staff on being professional with their interaction. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. Hopefully, you give us another chance in the future.
Dhara Patel
Ramada Columbia MO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
TONEY
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Hotel was nice but smelled to much like smoke. The room that we got did not smell like smoke, but walking down the hallway to it smelt horribly of smoke. The breakfast was pretty good, better than I expected. Overall it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank meeks2002
Glenburn
Reviewed December 22, 2012

This isn't a five star motel, but was 100 times better than another I stayed in during my trip. Room was very clean. Breakfast was well stocked and included waffles and fruit. Desk staff was top notch. Extremely convenient location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bangorme
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night and checked out and tried a different hotel my 2nd night in Columbia. Hotel is definitely older and rooms could use some work, but lobby is updated. Evening desk guy made me feel like I was interrupting him and felt like he was talking down to me. Morning guy came off like a creeper with minimal social skills. When I went to walk my dog in the morning, the parking lights were turned off even though it was still pitch black outside. (Lights were working fine when i walked him before bed.) I could also hear all the highway traffic noise anytime the heating and air unit was not actively running. Just did not feel comfortable and safe staying here.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank FleetingBeauty83
ramadacolumbia, General Manager at Ramada Columbia, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Guest,
We are very thankful to you for filling out the survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
We make sure that we address every issue so that guest has as comfortable stay as possible.

Best Regards,