“Best bang for the buck”

Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Rochester
“Best bang for the buck”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

This is a no frill hotel that is a great bang for the buck. Clean, comfortable and just right for relaxing after a hard days drive. The bed was very comfortable, heat in the room worked well, the shower had great pressure and the tub and surround was very nice and new. Our GFIC outlet did not work at the sink so I made coffee at the desk, only minor inconvenience. The breakfast was like most being very simple, although the biscuits and gravy where exceptionally good and filling. Overall a good place to stay and yes I would return given the need to pass through again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Washington, MO
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Not much more to say. You pay $50 for the room and it's worth $50. If you want a higher-level experience you gotta pay higher. If you want decent then this will work for you. No problems. Not great, not terrible. 50 bucks.

Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Stayed overnight on Dec. 8, 2011. Needed a place to sleep on a cross-country trip. Arrived here late (about 1:30am) and check in was fast and friendly. Room was clean and seemed to be updated. Nothing fancy, but you could not ask for a better overnight place to sleep at a very inexpensive price!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Greg B
Ozark MO
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Stayed overnight on December 17th. By now you've read all the reviews and you've considered sleeping in your car more than once. The place has not been updated with paint, carpet etc...for years. Room is very dark........feels dirty but I didn't feel the need to break out my CSI kit. Being close to the hwy, I expected lots of noise but it was minimum if any through the night. It is just okay, unremarkable at best. Not sure where the people have been staying who rated the place Excellent.....I suspect Occupy Wall Street. Bring some clorox wipes and you should be okay for one night.

Room Tip: no elevator..........traveling with my mother.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I have stayed in this place for 7 days in December 2011. My room was on the 1st level with window facing parking lot. To my surprise the noise from the highway and the parking wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Actually I can hardly hear any noise - and I AM a light sleeper. The room has everything I needed: a fridge, microwave, hair dryer, coat hangers, safe. There was a desk and and a comfortable leather chair - so I could work on my laptop. BWT, the wireless connection was fast.

I had a king size bed. The mattress was was soft and very comfortable (you know, the one with the pillow on top). Bedding was fresh, 4 really soft pillows. The bath was very clean to the point that twice I thought I spilled water on the floor realizing later that this is just a shiny reflection on the marble floor.
The bath tub is one-piece, looks like brand-new to me - very clean (and you may believe me, as I've been living in my own house for 14 years and know what "clean" means). There were plenty towels. Water pressure was good.
Every morning they offer a complimentary breakfast: some hot porridge with country gravy, waffles, bagels, coffee, juice. For me it was a real savior since I didn't have time to stop someplace else for a breakfast.
The front desk manager Mr. Patel was really helpful. You'll see him every morning busying around breakfast area.
Overall: clean, warm, and quiet. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Michael G
Raytown, Missouri
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I have stayed in expensive hotels and motels from New York to Hawaii. This hotel, for the money (and considered quite inexpensive), surprisingly exceeded my expectations. I am an insurance agent and just needed a place to stay overnight when in Columbia. The first time, the room had a musty smell which I reported and it was resolved immediately--it was just due to the evaporation in the A/C--the same smell I have experienced in my car sometimes (even when it was only months old). The second stay the smoke alarm beeped and the battery was changed immediately also. The shower control was loose and I couldn't get the water hot until I kept turning the knob so I couldn't report it until I checked out. These are minor issues that were resolved by a friendly staff; my non-smoking rooms were always clean. I will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank AgentRH
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed November 15, 2011

This was one of the most aweful places to stay in Columbia. when our men checked in and got to the room, they walked in to find the TV duct taped together from both sides, dirty sheets, urine on the bathroom floor, and a dirty toilet, ROACHES and just plain NASTY!!! When we went to the front desk and complained, they put us in another room, just as nasty as the first one, probably more roaches thought. I would not recommend this place to anyone!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business