“Very nice!”

Residence Inn Columbia
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights while attending a wedding. Our suite was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great with a full selection of breakfast foods and the breakfast staff person was friendly and helpful. Several couples in our group had children and the accomodations were excellent for them. The hotel is a short drive to downtown Columbia where the wedding took place at the Tiger.

Room Tip: When we first arrived we heard a dog barking and were concerned, but the barking was very brief and...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Avelave
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Columbia

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Stayed here for several nights . I extended my stay as such a great hotel. The suite was amazing with spacious lounge , bedroom, kitchen and sink area. I could happily live here it was so comfortable. The staff were exemplary. The breakfasts were lovely and the pool and jacuzzi fabulous. Very clean hotel with the cleaner regularly seen cleaning the elevator doors , public area windows etc. Nothing was too much trouble for reception. Staying here is a must.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank falcon38
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel surpassed my expectations. The room was nice sized with a separated living room/ kitchen area. My children were able to watch TV and sleep in the living room while I and my wife were able to have the bedroom area to ourselves. The room was clean and the kitchen are was well stocked with plates and utensils. The morning breakfast included eggs, ham, hash browns, waffles, and other items. I was also happy that they had complementary Wall Street Journal and USA Today available each morning.

The property earned the 5 Star from me because the staff was excellent. I went to the pool at 9 AM with my daughter only to find that it opened at 10 AM. One of the maintenance workers came over and told me that the pool had been checked and we could go in. He didn't have to walk over to let me know and I would have just taken a disappointed 3 yr old back to the room.

The only downside was the traffic noise. Our room was parallel to the Interstate and that was somewhat annoying.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the Interstate would be preferable.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice suite, excellent staff, A little noisy by the I70 and the breakfast a bit on the uninspiring side, but all and all I would stay again

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2011

When we moved into room 415 everything was stocked, but it wasn't clean. The bathroom floor had pubes on it, the shower had a dirty foot print (which I'll bet is still there), and the toilet had poop splat from a previous customer. I was not in the mood to complain, and I figured that it was probably a very busy time before we came. Surely it would be cleaned during our stay. Nope.

The first two days everything was tidied. Beds were made but sheets not changed, which is fine. No supplies were restocked. On day three housekeeping didn't come all day, and we had to ask for more toilet paper. Day 4 no housekeeping at all. Day 5 we had to ask for housekeeping several times before someone came. We had no face towels, our trash was overflowing, and we had no bath or dish washer soap. Poop splat still on toilet and toilet is getting that pink residue bathrooms get when they have gone a long time without a wash. When the maid came to clean our room finally that day (at 5pm after we complained twice), she set the garbage can on the counter to pull the bag out, and the trash went all over the counter. She never cleaned the counter after that. I know, because I was sitting right there. Sick. I used my hand sanitizer to wipe down the counter. We had to ask for more toilet paper again, as none was left. Day 6 housekeeping tidied up a bit, but still no bathroom cleaning. The sad thing is that the shower is getting ruined, as there is mold growing in the grout in several places, and the hotel is apparently pretty new.

The meals were great, and the rest of the hotel was nice. There was noise from the road, but it didn't bother us. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. I wouldn't stay there again unless the housekeeping issues are sorted.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Stayed here during a baseball tmt this summer and last. Received the exact same year as last year, but the room is in need of some repairs and it has been neglected. Not sure if it was just this room. The rooms are noisy facing the interstate. The room had been cleaned quickly as you could tell someone left goingvti a different room. There was a message on the machine saying "your room is ready for you mr __.". One of the bathrooms had not been cleaned. The are was completely booked up and our team was all staying Herr, so I did not make a huge deal of it. The dishwasher did not get the egg from mr __ off of the pans. So, they did find me a different skillet. All in all when we left and I did complain about the deterioration of the room and the dirty bathroom, they offered me a gift cert. Not enough for a entire stay, but I felt they were trying to make good.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed here for five nights during a 50th anniversary celebration. There were 9 adults and 10 children under the age of 12. It was much nicer to have children in their own room in the suite instead of having them share the parents room. The babies slept in cribs in the living room, so parents could tend to them in the night without disturbing older children in the second bedroom. The suites have full kitchens including dishwashers which made it easy to give kids snacks. The fireplaces in the suites have kid proof glass screens. The staff was very friendly and helpful. April went out of her way to help us on two different occasions. She has been working there for more than five years. We were able to push tables together in the dining area to have a family feast at breakfast, which included eggs, meat, potatoes, and waffles. I enjoyed the variety of fruit to go on waffles or oatmeal. We enjoyed the indoor pool, and the high speed internet worked well. The property was very clean and well-maintained. Try to get a room that is not on the side facing the highway. My niece complained that the traffic noise made it harder for her to sleep. When we arrived about 3 p.m. one of the suites wasn't ready yet. They said it would take 20 minutes to prepare, which is forever to wait with kids. Be warned that anyone sleeping in the living room will have to go through one of the two bedrooms to get to a bathroom. Still it was an excellent experience overall. .

Room Tip: As for a room on the side away from the interstate highway
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family