“renovations”

Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
california
“renovations”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stay at this Courtyard one to two times a year. It is close to the Columbia Airport and Mizzou- about 10 minutes in each direction. It is always clean and is pretty new. They are renovating the business area, lobby, restaurant area which is a surprise because the hotel is fairly new. There is free internet in the rooms. The business center was not in service during our last visit due to construction but we were told that they could print out our boarding passes at the front desk. I asked the front desk if we could print out our boarding passes upon checking out and we were told that they didn't get internet at the front desk and she was unable to do that for us. She finally agreed to print them out for us after further discussion. This was not the service we expected to find there- it seems unlikely that the front desk would not have internet capabilities and especially after being a loyal Marriott customer. My rating for service would ordinarily be higher but our last experience was not so good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank calif_10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Nice room, staff was helpful and the hotel was very clean. They were doing renovations in the Lobby which were kind of distracting, but the work has to be done at some point. The addition of Starbucks and modernizing of lounge areas is a great move. Did wish breakfast was offered at more of a discount, but the buffet price was reasonable at the attached Bennigan's.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, they only have a select few. The view is of hwy 63, but it's alw...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I think this is a great hotel. Of course, I am not paying for it, but I am very pleased with the staff and their concern for my comfort. Rooms look like they are recently remodeled and are very nice. I only heard the people above me just once and it wasn't loud at all. The first time I stayed here, there was a convention for "people for independent living". Lots of disabled people, support dogs, wheel chairs etc. Refreshing. What I thought was odd was with a last minute reservation, I got a handicap accessable room. I would have those would have been at a premium! But it was right next to the banquet rooms. It got loud at my early turn-in time at 9:30, but I called the front desk and after they closed the doors it was perfect!
My last trip was this week and there was some remodeling going on in the lobby. Not a big deal. I paid $6 for a nice continental breakfast at Bennigan's with some nice fresh fruit. It was fine, and convenient for me.
As far as restaurants nearby, I think there are a lot more than you think. Not tons of chain restaurants that are visible from the street. It took me a couple visits to find the Panera, which was behind some trees down the road. There's a new restaurant I read about in the magazine they had in the room called Babbo's. A great little italian place run by the Del Pietro family of St. Louis. Just across 63 before you reach Walmart. Not a ton of offerings, but a fresh margarita pizza and a salad for $15 with 1/2 of the pizza as a late night snack was great.
Check out trip advisor before coming and you'll find some great little places!
We are huge Marriott customers and this one is a keeper!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Lake Zurich, Illinois
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Nice room. Bathroom and Furniture up to date. Marriott has not put in thin, flat screen TVs yet.
Breakfast buffet extra charge but the Bennigan's is attached to the hotel and no need to drive to another restaurant. I would stay again and recommend this hotel. Currently, the hotel is doing renovations for a Starbucks in the lobby. There were a lot of kids for a soccer meet who seemed to be having a great time. Seems like families would enjoy their stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We use this hotel when we bike out-and-back segments of the Katy Trail. Good, clean, reliable. You always know what you will get.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 13, 2011

The staff here, from the houskeeping to tech support to dining room is the most friendly, helpful I encounter in my travels. Good location; nice amenities.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Mobile, AL
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Stayed one night on a business trip with two other people. We picked the hotel because of the location. We each had a 'junior suite', but the only difference seemed to be a jacuzzi tub next to my bed.

We had three rooms, but only two were ready when we checked in at 5pm. I volunteered to wait "15 minutes". When the 15 minutes turned into 30, the general manager quickly apologized, gave me a coupon for free breakfast, and extra Marriott Reward points.

The buffet breakfast was good.

Every staff member I met was extremely friendly and helpful.

The only disappointment was Internet access. Free access is limited to 512K. If you want faster access, you've got to pay for it.

I will stay here again if I find myself in Columbia, MO again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business