“Good”

Comfort Suites Columbia
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Exactly what we needed for the night: clean, comfortable, firendly staff, reasonably priced. Absolutely no concerns or compaints.Cons: Something sticky on sitting room table in room. Also on the floor in the bathroom. Walls seemed paper thin. The service at the front desk was excellent. Our room was clean, well-furnished, and quiet. I was afraid it would be noisy since we were right off of I-70, but it wasn't. They offered a great selection for the free breakfast.It was quiet and roomy for the three of us. Great breakfast also.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Erin G, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey response is encouraging to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Columbia

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel overall was a nice stay. I would recommend to my friends.

Pros: Hot breakfast. Close to highway. Front desk was nice and helpful.

Cons: Something sticky on sitting room table in room. Also on the floor in the bathroom. Walls seemed paper thin. Could hear neighbors very clearly. Smoke from smokers....smoking outside entrance to hotel...drifted up to room.

Room Tip: Get room away from entrance to lobby. Earplugs for light sleepers.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Erin G, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for the feedback- I have spoken to my head housekeeper about the sticky table in the room and we will ensure this doesn't happen again. Please stop by the next time you are in the area to give us a second chance.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is now our destination hotel in Columbia. The service at the front desk was excellent. Our room was clean, well-furnished, and quiet. I was afraid it would be noisy since we were right off of I-70, but it wasn't. They offered a great selection for the free breakfast. And the reasonable rates made everything seem that much nicer!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Erin G, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for the kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and on behalf of the entire staff, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Don't forget to stop by the next time you are in Columbia!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was a great place to stay for my husband's first night out of the hospital in St. Louis. It was quiet and roomy for the three of us. Great breakfast also. Home to Iowa today. We would recommend this motel.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for the review. I am happy you were comfortable and felt at ease while staying at our hotel. I hope everything goes well for you and your family and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

we stoped here just staying one night, great room nice bed very clean plenty of room. Front desk helped me with my privileges card so i got my points It was also right off I-70 and easy to get to and parking was also good. Free breakfast also. real nice tv and great desk to work on.

Room Tip: our room was quite and we were facing I-70
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the positive review. I am glad we were able to take care of you while you were in town, and everything was satisfactory. We hopeyou will stop by again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Comfort Suites Columbia while in town for a wedding. The hotel itself is well used and somewhat worn, they were booked up on both nights that I stayed there. The large volume of people staying there led to long waits for the elevator and lack of seating at the breakfast area.
On the other hand, I had no issues with the cleanliness or noise level of my room. Everything was in working order including the wireless internet, lights and other aspects of the room. The room that I stayed in had a sitting area with a couch that makes into a hide-a-bed, a microwave/fridge and a flat-screen TV. I found the beds to be clean and comfortable (except the mattresses were high, some folks might need a step to get up into bed). The only issues that I had with the room other than the normal wear and tear was the fact that the showing curtain rod was loose in the bathroom, causing the curtain to fall in the middle of the rod. This led to water on the bathroom floor, a potential fall hazard. Also, the lighting in the room could of been a tad brighter for reading.
The front desk and other staff was friendly and attentive. The continental breakfast had many options, including cereals, pastries, yogurt, waffles, a hot item or two, among other things. The indoor pool looked inviting, but did not use on this trip.
The hotel is conveniently located off of I-70, with restaurants nearby (local, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc) and an Aldi supermarket across the interstate. Parking is somewhat limited at the hotel, so if you arrive late at night, it might take a while to find a place.
I would stay again in this motel if visiting the Columbia area. It is a good value for the $80 a night that I paid for the room.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side of hotel were quiet, I didn't hear any interstate noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Erin G, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thanks for the positive review! Our maintenance staff has addressed the shower rod issue and we thank you for mentioning the issue. We are very excited for the decor changes and remodeling happening right now, and we hope you will visit us again to let us know what you think. See you soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed here on 5-2-13 and we were very happy with the large 2 bed room for a reasonable rate. The lady who checked us in was very helpfull and friendly. The room, bathroom, and the bedding was nice and clean. The available free breakfast had a good selection of food and beverages (which were not watered down). If we travel in that area again, would definitely choose to stay at this motel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We would love to have you stay with us again the next time you are in the area.