“On the way home from 2 wk ski vac”

Comfort Suites Columbia
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Butler, Tennessee
“On the way home from 2 wk ski vac”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Close to I-70 but no traffic noise. Parking a little weird. Service was friendly,prompt and overall very good. Room was very spacious,beds great,bathroom nice size and room did have micro and ref (didn't use).Breakfast left a lot to desire,had usual cold stuff and only gravy and some super thin bacon (+waffles if wanted) for hot.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank wataugaman
Erin G, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your response. I am glad to hear you had a peaceful nights rest and our staff was able to attend to your needs while at our hotel. Next time your heading skiing, be sure to stop by!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
La Plata MO
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Clean room. Nice staff. Idiot lighting.
My husband has "old eyes" and had trouble reading the paper with ALL the lights on in the room.
We were on the first floor and the light outside that is supposed to show off the hotel was pointed right into our window. We closed the curtains as best we could, but I still woke up every hour or so thinking it was morning.
Also waffle batter wouldn't despense and there was no hot sauce at breakfast. :(

Room Tip: Stay off the 1st floor. Unless you like an automatic nightlight.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize for constant light shining through your window which interrupted a good nights rest. Next time you are in the area, we would love for you to stay with us again, on us, so we can make it right.
jonesboro, arkansas
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Was here for 1 night. The night and day desk people were friendly. Breakfast was very good and they have a variety of items including waffles. Room was comfortable and clean. Located right by Highway 70. I got a room here when most other hotels were sold out due to short notice, so I am grateful for that.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. It is wonderful to hear our accommodations were just right for your trip! I do hope you will stop by again the next time you are in the area.
Takoma Park, Maryland
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here for two nights. I recently stayed at two Homewood Suites (Richmond Heights, MO, Buffalo, NY), with slightly higher rates. I was hoping for an experience that was about the same, because I was paying almost as much. That's not what happened. The room was not like a Homewood Suites room, with kitchen; I expected that, the room was fine. The wired Internet access worked fine with a Linux laptop. The breakfast was mediocre, with throwaway plates and cutlery. The cold and hot food options were limited. For example, on the second morning of my stay, the hot food choices consisted of biscuits and gravy, nothing more; not vegetarian-friendly. The "pantry" by the front desk was empty shelves and a vending machine. The exercise room had three pieces of equipment, but no barbells, dumbbells, etc., and the clock needed a battery replacement. The pool area was just a pool, there wasn't a hot tub. The folder in the room had no information as to whether local telephone calls were free, and the person at the front desk had to check with someone else when I asked to confirm that they were free. There was no voice mail for the telephone system, which was a real disappointment for the room rate. A friend called and tried to leave me a message. Instead of someone from the front desk bringing a note to my room with the message, they called my home telephone number and left a message that I got after returning home. The selection of Cable TV stations is above average.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. I am sad to hear we were not able to meet your needs for your trip. I will definitely talk with my manager about changes we can make to improve our property to provide a wider range of services and options for our guests.
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Our school travels doing Mock Trial tournaments from October through March every year. We have stayed at hundreds of hotels. Comfort Suites is by far one of the best places we have stayed. They gave us a great rate for around 25 students. We checked in early which was NO problem for these folks. The two women at the desk were so nice to us, even though I had so many loud boisterous students hanging out in the lobby. We had one student who was sick with the flu and they found us a room for her so she could be isolated. I could go on and on about how nice these folks were to us. But, let me say something about the rooms...huge, great beds, good coffee and free breakfast. Lastly, easy on and off the interstate. We will definitely be back when we come back to Mizzou.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DocLawDog
Erin G, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you so much for the review. I am so happy to hear all of our accommodations well fit the needs of your group. I look forward to seeing you all again in the future!
EJ22988
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I work at Choice Hotels, and so cannot speak as to the value. My fiance had interviews in the area, and I was looking at places to live. The night attendant, Greg, was friendly, and the room was well appointed.
The housekeepers were respectful and prompt. There was a dirty vent above the toilet which she took care of after I informed the front desk rep.
One day there were four girls working at the front desk, and Nicki was the only one answering the phone. (Signature would've given her a 7/7!)
Overall I would recommend this location to anyone, and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response. I am pleased to hear your stay was satisfactory and we were prompt with correcting any problems that were encountered (the dusty vent). We do work hard to provide 100% guest satisfaction, especially with customer service and I am happy to hear you give us a thumbs up! Thanks again and hope to see you soon!
Sedalia, Missouri
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The hotel has great front desk agents, who were friendly and ready to help me when I got lost. The breakfast is nice. The attendent was a little rude. There were some minor housekeeping problems, like hair in the tub, facial tissues weren't stocked, and a stain on the chair. I'll stay here again, I just hope housekeeping will do better checks of their rooms

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Erin G, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the cleanliness issues in your room. I have brought this to the attention of my housekeeping manager and we will be inspecting the rooms more closely. I also apologize for the breakfast attendant. I have spoken with all of my staff to ensure we are providing above and beyond customer service to all of our guests at all times. Thank you again!