“Okay but design flaws”

Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Washington, DC
“Okay but design flaws”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

The entrance to the hotel is on an upslope. Not that easy ot push a luggage cart up to the front door. Not a big flaw, but a flaw. Then the room. Two queen beds as promised. But one was right up against a wall and the a/c unit. You cannot exit this bed from that side. Another design flaw. Otherwise, the place was clean with the usual breakfast. We did have a service issue that was poorly handled, but that's a small transitory issue. We've had better experiences at other Comfort Suites.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Erin G, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. We do appreciate the feedback from our guests so we can make improvements for a satisfactory stay. I am sorry about the service issue, I hope everything was taken care of and if not, please do not hesitate to give us a call so we can make it right. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

After a LONG day of driving from Chattanooga on my way to WY, I needed a Great room and I got it. The staff was great and accommodating. Room was clean and VERY comfortable. Breakfast was typical but well made. It will be my stay on my way back.

Room Tip: Lower floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Erin G, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your response! I am elated to hear your stay was wonderful and we would love to see you again soon!
Lemont, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

To Whom This May Concern:

I am following up with feedback to my stay at the Comfort Suites in Columbia MO. Let me begin by saying it was far from comfortable. Let me begin by saying I had called the Hotel in advance, it took numerous times to finally get through to a hotel operator. I called to let them know I would not be arriving till late on 8-24-12. Upon arrival I was given the handicap room which was fine however when I went to use the bathroom I practically fell off the toilet due to the toilet seat wasn’t even attached to the toilet. When housekeeping came in the morning to clean the room I asked if she knew about the toilet seat and she said she did and let the front desk know about it. Now how can you give a room out to a customer when you have that issue at hand? I was very fortunate not to have hurt myself and who knows what would have happened if a person was handicapped in that room…..So when I went down to the front desk to let them know they didn’t even know about the situation, they gave me another room which was had a musty smell. I again went down to the front desk and told them about it and was told its probably from the air conditioner. I have done plenty of traveling and never heard that for an excuse. Also, this hotel seemed very run down and not very clean either.
I am not very happy with my stay and will not be staying in the future at any Comfort Suites.

Hopefully this feedback gets back to them so other customers to don’t experience the same thing I did,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Erin G, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for your response. We apologize for the inconvenience the maintenance issuses had caused you and your family while on vacation. Please contact the hotel directly so we can discuss this matter further.
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Great staff! We were in our room 10 minutes after walking in the front door (without reservations). The pool was great. The bathroom was phenomenal! Breakfast in the morning was very good. There were even cookies out on the front desk. Great place to stay. There is quite a bit of noise from the freeway. If you have a room on the opposite side of the building it might not be so bad. We were so tired, it didn't make too much difference.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Erin G, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your response. I am pleased to hear our staff was quick and efficient to help make your stay as comfortable and as smooth as possible while in Columbia. We hope you stay again soon!
Hoover, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Price was fair and the room was very nice. Young ladies at the front desk were very nice and polite. Breakfast was average. Location wasn't perfect but right off the freeway and Columbia isn't that large anyway. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Erin G, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us while in Columbia! I am pleased to hear our staff was friendly and courteous and our location in regards to the area is fair. We hope you stop by again the next time you are in Mid Missouri!
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Great staff the only thing I thought was lacking was breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012
, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your response. I am pleased to hear our staff was nothing but curtious and helpful throughout your stay at our property. I am sorry to hear our breakfast options were not satisfactory. We will definitely look into improving our menu selection to better serve our guests.
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed one night while traveling home from Colorado and were amazed out how nice this hotel was for the price! We used one of the coupons from the visitors center and saved over $30. Our room was spotless, had a king bed, sofa and chair, large refrigerator and microwave. Paige checked us in and was very courteous and even gave us some suggestions where to order pizza from. We had the free breakfast and it was very good! I would suggest you request a parking lot side room verses the highway side we did here some traffic but it wasn't bad. I had read some previous reviews about the shower curtains being to short and they sure are, ours just touched the top of the tub and water went every where we had to lay towels on the floor. The problem is the curtain rods were attatched to the wall way to high.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am so happy our hotel was spotless and the front desk staff was very attentive to you during your trip. About the shower curtains- we order new ones every month and are catching up with the whole hotel. A few rooms still have short ones, but we are tackling the problem. We hope you will stop by the next time you are in the area!