“Great barbecue!”

Lutz's Famous BBQ
Ranked #182 of 402 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is by far the best barbecue in Columbia! Try the family meal! Fantastic choices - everything is Tasty - even without sauces (which are great). Plenty of food for four! Don't miss the homemade chips!!!! Great!!!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Moving day for my son and wanted plenty of food to feed all the guys that were helping. Although we have a Lutz in Jefferson City, I wanted to use the one in Columbia, my son's new home area. So after a phone call to find out about the Family Meals, they were great on the phone - call it in or come in - we'll have you in and out within about 5 minutes. I happened to work with the manager who was cashier when I got to the restaurant - she was terrific, helped me with the order and all I would need to feed the hungry group waiting on me. Had family meal for 8, plus also the 4, the chicken was juicy, the ribs tasty and the pulled pork and pork loin - with the Lutz bbq sauce all were Happy, Happy, Happy, We also got the chips and tea plus sides of baked beans, cole slaw, potato salad. The food was tasty and for those in the group that had not been to Lutz, you will now have new customers. Thank you for making the day easy for mom!

2  Thank Vicki H
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Food is great and servings are huge! Worth the stop! I had BBQ pork sandwich, and my husband and I shared sweet potato fries. My sister got the salad which was huge. No none could finish their meals and they were delicious.

1  Thank April H
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We BBQ and smoke allot at our home , so I was Leary about trying this place, but we went and I had the pork Cuban sandwich and WOW! Is this ever amazing food! Nothing like the other guys in Columbia that are just playing around, this man means business with his BBQ! We have been there once a week now for the last 6 months and have never been disappointed! You must try it!

1  Thank Patricia Poochi... B
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This has got to be the best BBQ I have ever had! The menu has a wide variety of meats at a reasonable price. I love the pulled pork, wings, burnt ends, fish, chips and the cheesy potatoes are a must!! I have always had good service when I go there - staff are very friendly and helpful with selections. I also have had meals catered by Lutz's and they do a wonderful job - the young woman that delivered was very sweet and made sure we had everything we needed - delivered hot and delicious!! I highly recommend this restaurant - I'm not sure where the one reviewer went that said it was horrible but it certainly wasn't Lutz's!

1  Thank MsMizzou