“My go to Mexican spot”
Review of La Terraza Grill - CLOSED

La Terraza Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I eat Mexican about twice a month and this is by far the best I've had in Columbia. Service is friendly, food is good and quick, there margaritas are delicious, and it's has a nice atmosphere. The only down fall is that if you don't know where it is you probably wouldn't know it's there. Maybe that's why I like it!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went in, but didn't stay. The place just seemed a little off. We were not served in the time that we were there.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I am a huge fan of mexican food and after seeing nothing but positive reviews for La Terraza I figured I'd give it a try even though I was in Missouri. First of all, the restaurant is in a hard to find location and when I pulled up I wasn't even sure it was open. The awning is ripped and the place has an air of abandonment.

The service staff was friendly and helpful and the menu made it obvious that this is very heavily "americanized" mexican. Their salsa was just a small step up from being tomato sauce.

I ordered the Californian burrito and while the serving was huge, it was also a major disappointment. All the flavors were bland and I ended up leaving the burrito half finished.

All in all, I guess it was silly of me to expect quality mexican in Missouri, but then again, one of the best mexican restaurants I've visited was in Salinas Kansas.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been to this grill twice in the past few weeks and both times the food was excellent. I had the enchiladas al carbon which were perfect both times and I will try the tacos al carbon next time. There were six of us the first time and everyone only had raves. The service on the first trip was slow but the manager came over and apologized. On the second visit we had no complaints about the service. The restaurant we went to is a new location at 1412 Forum Blvd. which has been open about 5 months. They are both owned by the same people.

1  Thank Erasmus44
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I used to eat at El Maguey and El Jimador, which both seemed to go downhill. I've also tried El Rancho and La Margarita, and La Terraaza is our favorite mexican food in Columbia.