“Worth the drive”
Review of La Terraza Grill - CLOSED

La Terraza Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 16, 2013

A little hard to find in the industrialized area. We were sat promptly, and service was quick. The menu had a convenient Spanish/English food term section. We had Guacamole Mexicana, which was chunky with slices of jalapenos and fresh warm tortilla chips. The dinner plates were generously sized, and their take on shrimp ceviche was sweet, sour, cool, spicy and all around delicious. The server was also kind enough to let me practice my Spanish with him, and even had some suggestions for our trip!
Definitely recommending this place.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great food and the new location is one of the cleanest Mexican restaurants I have been in. I am something of a Tex-Mex connoisseur and love this place.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

At lunch time we were looking for a good place to eat, we found La Terraza...We were seated promptly and drink orders taken at once..No waiting around. Staff was friendly and the Manager on duty checked during the meal to see how it was going...all seemed glad to see us...and that happened to other customers as well..They do have a private dining area. Food was authenic and plentiful...so much so, that 2 out of 3 of us took some home. Well worth a trip...Surprized there are not more reviews...I would not hesitate to eat here again, and highly recommend it to others.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

It's been a while since Columbia has had a really top notch Mexican restaurant, but about 2 years ago La Terraza Grill solved that problem. Ironically, it is located at the same spot as Columbia's last good Mexican restaurant. The wife and I are so enamored with the Deluxe Molcajete, that we hardly ever order anything different for dinner. It's too much for two people for lunch though, so that's when we diversify. Though I've not eaten it myself the Burrito California is comically large, and is a favorite of several of my friends. A second location will be opening soon, off of Forum near Stadium, geared a bit more for the college set. Visiting SEC fans should give either of these locations a try. Highly recommended.