“Love this place!!!”

Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Greenville, South Carolina
“Love this place!!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great place to stay. We didn't arrive until late, but the front desk personnel were so nice, getting us to out room without any wait. The room was large, the Jacuzzi was wonderful after driving a car for 7 hours straight. We will definitely stay here again - everything was wonderful and everyone was so nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is an excellent hotel. The staff is very helpful. The rooms are clean. The location was very convenient for us. They had a hot breakfast for everyone each morning which was delicious. Everything was great. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Any room would be good.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd stay at STI. Very friendly staff. Super clean room. Breakfast was a hassle as there were high school cheerleaders from a nearby clinic/camp staying there; too many people in too small of a space. But that is no fault of the management. Have put them in my contact list on cell phone.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My plan was to stay close to 4 weeks...this is a lodge type atmosphere. However, it was dark, dated and depressing to me. I stayed in two different rooms and both were similar in appearance, over the two separate weeks I was there. There is no overhead lighting in the rooms I stayed in, just table lamps with yellow dim blubs. I was on the first floor, so leaving the curtain open was not an option. The Front Desk was ok, and would say hello as I would walk by. However, walking down the hall, housekeeping and maintenance would not speak. Sometimes I would say "hi" but it was like no one had instructed them to say hello and be friendly to the guests and it was somewhat awkward and strange. The breakfast offerings were disappointing and the housekeeping was very limited. My bed looked like a 5 year old made it. And one day, all they did was flush my toilet, make my bed like a 5 year old and leave fresh towels. My trash was not emptied, floor not vacuumed nor counters wiped down. The light was out over the lavatory when I checked-in and several days later, I waited to see if anyone of the housekeepers would be proactive, I finally asked the front desk to replace it and they did. I also ask them how often they emptied the pet canister, and they didn't know. So I explained it hadn't been emptied during my stay and was about to overflow...this was a good 10 days after I first arrived there. : ( I know this may all sound picky pickster of me...but I was going to be there a long time and it was hard enough to be away from home. Then to add insult to injury...because of the circumstances of my stay, I had to make changes to my reservations and in doing so, my rate was increased. This was when I decided that I needed to find somewhere else. When asked, if I was coming back, I told them, that I cancelled my other reservations because my rate increased and made arrangements to stay elsewhere....Neither the GM nor the young lady who were both standing behind the counter made an attempt to rectify this. I found a hotel that the front desk, head housekeeper and marketing director all remember me by name when I would walk by, were genuinely friendly, in fact all the staff greeted the guests as they walked by and some would chat a bit in the hall, very pleasant! Great breakfast selection in an attractive remodeled light and cheery area. They also gave me a great rate for my extended stay...in addition to offering a an exercise room, indoor pool and laundry facility free to guests. Three nights a week there is a complimentary social hour with food. I have some new friends in Missouri and a great place I will recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Lisa L
Tallahassee
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was the hotel where many of our out of town friends and relatives stayed for our son's wedding. They commented on the nice sizes of the rooms and closeness to shops, restaurants and pubs. They appreciated the free breakfasts offered by the hotel. The reservation agent, managers, and hotel staff were very helpful and cordial! We would use Stoney Creek again in the future,

Room Tip: Our room was large with a refrigerator and a recliner with massage controls! It was a big hit with...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Crane, Missouri
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I again had the chance to be at Stoney Creek INN in Columbia, Mo
All the staff from front desk, reservations, cleaning, maintenance and visitors all treat you like family and it seems to create a environment of friendliness.

Great price and great hot breakfast.... love those waffles...
if you are in town stay and enjoy everything they have to offer..

Room Tip: all the rooms are great, some have an outside balcony, some have whirlpool tubs, some even have mass...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dry Ridge, Kentucky
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

This place is wonderful! We stopped here on our way home from Kansas strictly on the Trip Advisor reviews and the fact it had an indoor pool. I was absolutely surprised at how nice this hotel turned out to be. The staff were very pleasant and the place is gorgeous. I love the wilderness decor. My kids loved the indoor/outdoor pool. The beds were the softest and most comfortable I have slept on in a long time. If you are staying in Columbia or passing through make this hotel a stop. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed June 2014