“I highly recommend Stoney Creek Hotel Columbia, MO”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Columbia
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Chicago, Illinois
“I highly recommend Stoney Creek Hotel Columbia, MO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

Clean, Confortable, Quiet, Good lighting and desk, Convenient to campus, close to good restaurants and shopping. Delicious morning breakfast and coffee include. Friendly, Fast, Front Desk Associates. The value for the money is excellent.

Room Tip: Book in advance!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank David E
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Columbia, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear David, Thanks for sharing your experience with our review readers. We are very proud of our staff and facility and appreciate knowing our hospitality has pleased you. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Linn Creek, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed at Stoney Creek and found everything to be A-1. The room was absolutely fantastic, very clean and extremely functional. The staff was always helpful, check-in was simple and easy, and you are close to MU and other area attractions. The bed was firm, but not hard, and we found the massage recliner to be an unexpected luxury. When we returned from our off-site function we found the bar closed for a private party. However, the hotel was thoughtful enough to have a service bar set up just off the main lobby so we were able to take our drinks to our room and relax. If you are going to Columbia and want a clean, affordable, well located hotel, Stoney Creek is the place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BobandRox
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stayed here for a sorority alum function. The decor doesn't fit Mid-MO ... but whatever. Clean rooms and great service. We had a brunch one day in a conference room and the food was great. Only issue is that the floor in my bathroom was wood or "wood" and very slippery. I crashed into the sink and had bad bruises on my arm all weekend. Be sure to dry your feet or put plenty of towels down. I paid a group rate, so my price was lower than normal and I can't judge the value, although I wouldn't say this place is cheap. If you want something better than a motel for a night in Columbia, then this is a good option. Not too far by car to the stadium ... but not a hotel that's right off the highway. Love the "moose." Fun photo op. :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kimberley W
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

My family stayed at Stoney Creek Inn - Columbia for almost three months while our home was being repaired. Every staff member, every breakfast, every amenity was top notch. The staff was incredibly friendly and made what could have been a rough situation (being out of our home) so pleasant. Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the rooms with a sun porch.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

The Stoney Creek Inn & Conference Center staff are fantastic. With any event there are bound to be miner inconveniences and issues and with anything that popped up the staff were quick, attentive and courteous. The room was a little snug, but there were several meetings going on during the week and the staff tried to make sure we were as comfortable as possible.

The hotel room was adorable. The hotel has a lodge theme and they have fun with it. Moose, bears, canoe oars abound and somehow it works in a fun way! My room had a small patio that just made my stay that much more cozy.

My only draw back is with the bathroom. The bathroom is nice and clean but there is a major height difference between the tub floor and the bathroom floor! As a short person I had to use the railing to help myself in and out of the tub! However it is my understanding that they plan to renovate the bathrooms soon. Other than that, great stay and I look forward to staying again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Glendale Heights, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

This Stoney Creek Inn is a great place to stay, especially if you're spending alot of time at Mizzou. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. The hotel was booked to capacity and I had booked last minute. Ended up having to book two seperate rooms but when I checked in they worked it out so I would'nt have to move. The front desk staff was fantastic. Always smiling.The hotel was very clean as was the room. Breakfast was not that great, expected better. The Waffle House right up the street was great though. I would definately stay here again. Overall very nice. I realize this a very kid friendly hotel and they host many sports teams so there are always kids running around. I don't have a problem with any of that. Where the problem came in was on Friday night after a long day a few of us wanted to stop in the bar and have a glass of wine. Not a chance! There were a ton of kids from a baseball team running all over the bar area. running around, playing tag, having some sort of pizza party. Nowhere to sit and even if there were you couldn't talk over the kids...... It's not like it was 7pm either. It was close to 11pm. I hope next time they can find a different space for them.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I love Stoney Creek Inns and wish they were more widespread. This was my first time at this location and it was great. A bit further off the highway than I had anticipated but closer to Mizzou (the reason for our stay) than I had figured so it worked out well. We were on a college tour and Mizzou was closed for spring break but we wanted to see the college on our own anyways. The desk clerk, Olivia, is a student at Mizzou and went above an beyond patiently answering our questions about the school and even bringing out a map to show us the layout of the school-was like having our own personal guide but at the hotel! As with other Stoney Creek Inn's, the pool and hot tub area are fabulous as is the decor throughout the hotel. The rooms are spacious enough with really comfortable beds and bedding. Nice sized fridge and microwave in the room. Breakfast was very good. There is also a Waffle House within walking distance (we had dinner there and it was actually great) or plenty of dining options within a short drive. Great stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family