“Fantastic sleep”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Columbia
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed December 18, 2013

What a great night I spent at Stoney Creek Inn! The hotel was spotlessly clean and very quaint made you feel like you were in a mountain lodge. Indoor/outdoor pool was awesome and clean. My room had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, was nice sized all of the Bath products were organic and again can I say spotlessly clean! When I checked out I asked how old the hotel was thinking this clean it must be new...10 years old! I would highly recommend a stay at Stoney Creek Inn!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel is nicely put together with a mountain/outdoors theme that is awesome! The staff were very helpful and amicable. Though it was really cold out, the temp inside the lobby and my room was "nice and cozy"

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Several times a year I go to meetings on the MU campus and I always stay at Stoney Creek. It is always clean, has a nice staff, love the free breakfast, the pool area, the option of several different types of rooms. Join the rewards club and get two free cocktail tickets in the bar area. The rooms with the hot tubs are really nice on a cold day or after a long drive. There are also two room suites for very little more if you are staying with a friend. I can't think of anything I don't like about this place!

Room Tip: Ask about the different types of rooms. Some have microwaves and frigs and some do not.
1  Thank Connie N
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed the week of 12/2, and was able to make an additional reservation with Liv in under 3 minutes. She was extremely polite, personable and made the transaction a genuinely enjoyable experience. I also appreciated the opportunity to witness the camaraderie shared among herself and her colleagues Jessica and Sheila. It was obvious they take pride in ownership for their given areas of responsibility and function well as a team. They gave credit to their boss for fostering an environment in which they can thrive and enjoy coming to work. I have 7 years of customer facing experience, so I have high expectations regarding customer interaction and experience. I'm pleased to say that Liv and her cohorts exceeded my expectations. I look forward to future business trips and the opportunity to patronize Stoney Creek Inn.

Room Tip: stayed on the second floor near stairs and slept great
1  Thank Charles W
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Spent the week at this very nice hotel and really enjoyed my stay. The room I had was a suite with a small kitchenette in it, which I used versus eating out every night. The hotel is just down the street from the Mizzou Tiger Stadium and very near several major medical centers, including the Department of Veteran's Affairs hospital. The one thing that I didn't care for was the breakfast bar, not the food, the temperature of the food. By the time I sat down it was already cold. Not sure what could be done about that, but it's just an observation. Didn't stop me from eating though! I would highly recommend this hotel and it's caring staff and wait services. Thank you Stoney Creek!

Room Tip: My room was on the southwest corner of the hotel and was pretty quiet there.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed here on business. As with most business trips, this one would have been improved if this hotel either had room service or walkable restaurant nearby. Unfortunately, it has neither. If I were to stay here again, I would probably make sure I had a car. The hotel did offer to take me to a location of my choice for dining in their shuttle, but I was simply too tired to do so. They have a list of restaurants that deliver, but most are pizza and subs. Again, they did offer to take me anywhere I wanted to go, which was very nice of them!

PROS:
Very clean
Shuttle that picked me up at the airport and took me back
Extremely accommodating staff
Big rooms
Free wifi (always a nice bonuse)
Big flat screen, HDTV with good channel selection
In room fridge
HVAC that works well
Good lighting in the bathroom
Comfy beds
Decent linens and towels
Suites would be wonderful for families

CONS:
No food on site
A little too 'themed' for my taste (but if you like that sort of thing, my room even had a canoe in it!)
A bit of road noise (my room faced the interstate)

Really a very nice place to stay. Lovely staff, very clean, nice sized rooms...overall a very pleasant place. My only complaint is the lack of food and if I hadn't been there on business, it would NOT have been an issue. Staff bends over backwards to help you and make you feel comfortable and welcome.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the interstate can get a bit of road noise. If you want something quieter, make sure...
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Coming into town after an 8 hour drive following a school day (after midnight). Had 5 kids asleep. Usual ammo for a hotel is the rollaway is not in the room and you wait for the sole staff person to bring it 40 minutes after you've checked into the room. I called 40 minutes before arrival and asked if they could check the room and get the rollaway into the room and make sure there were pillows, sheets, and blankets for it and the sofa sleeper. When I arrived Sheila and Sabrina had put the rollaway into the room, made both the rollaway and the the sleeper sofa with sheets, blankets, and pillows and cheerfully greeted me at the desk. I checked in and quickly shuffled my half asleep kids up to room and into made beds. As a parent, this is awesome service and appreciated.

Room Tip: We had a room at top of lobby stairs. public restroom right outside door (which was nice as we had...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family