“Kitchy Decor, but a nice place to stay near the Mizzou Campus”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Columbia
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Though I've seen Stoney Creek Inn's throughout the Midwest, I never had stayed in one of their northwoods themed hotels until I went to Columbia for work. Once you get past their faux northwoods decor, you'll find a nice hotel in a great location near the Mizzou campus.

My trip was for business, so I didn't spend a lot of time sampling the amenities of the hotel. I did find a nice, large room with comfortable beds in a quiet hotel. The bathroom is somewhat small, but worked just fine for me. And the full-sized beds seemed a little small compared with similar hotels, but again fulfilled my needs. Breakfast was fairly standard, with a couple of warm menu items and plenty of cereal, coffee, and juice. The breakfast room was fairly busy every morning, but I didn't have any problem finding seating.

One of best parts of this hotel is the location - it's close to the Mizzou campus, less than a mile from Faurot Field and the Mizzou Arena. It's easy to get into Columbia and explore the town - and you don't have to deal with the neon jungle of the interstate exits!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 16, 2012

The front desk was very nice. Our room (i think it was a suite with a Jacuzzi) was very nice as well, nicely decorated and had a warm feeling. We did the romance package and got wine and Shakespeare's pizza (although, this was frozen and they had to warm it up in their own kitchen), the variety wasn't great. The wine selection variety was not great as well, but the hotel staff was tried to do the best they could. The bathroom was also very nice. Everything was well decorated. Enjoyed my stay. Would come back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed at Stoney on New Years Eve, we had a really nice room with a huge jetted tub. They had a shuttle that went downtown and then brought you back, we didnt use it but was nice option. Want to come back and bring my kiddos, be good little getaway in the winter, they have a nice pool. The only complaint is their so called "bar" is kind of pathetic, seemed like such a great place to have this big nice lodge style bar where you could sit by the fire and have a drink but it was this little room with a table and little tv where this lady was making drinks and when I asked for a lime she said she didnt do fruit!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I found this hotel thru the Mizzou Veterinary website as I needed a pet friendly hotel for my dog to see a specialist at the school. I was very happy with the hotel, staff, my room and decor. I will definately return when I am in the area!

Room Tip: I had a pet friendly room and it had a back door to a courtyard for my pet!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I have traveled and visited almost 4,000 hotels across 46 states from motel 6 to the Ritz Carleton! Stoney creek inn from my understanding owns and operates about 13 locations under it main brand ! The Columbia location has 180 guest rooms ! The Columbia location in my opinion is overall the best hotel in it value range! First off Stoney creek inn has GREAT customer service! Second the hotel
Offers awesome pool , hottub , and dry Sunna areas ! Third there rooms are always clean , well appointed , master pieces ! And last
There breakfast is spectacular ! I would recommend this property to President Obama !

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 16, 2011

We really enjoyed the friendliness, and decor of the facility. It was also in a great location in distance from all the attractions.

Room Tip: Choose the theme rooms or one that has a outside patio
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I recently stayed at Stoney Creek Inn while attending a conference also held there. I have to admit I wasn't particularly excited about the trip. 3 days at a conference with people I barely knew was not exactly the vacation I had in mind. But the staff at Stoney Creek quickly made the experience wonderful, starting with the free drink coupons.

Everybody I spoke with was very friendly and helpful. Emily and Lindsey at the front desk were sweet and the hotel manager Mike took the time to chat with us about our trip. Chandler and Rob were helpful also.

Clean rooms, awesome staff, all in all an A+. My only complaint is about the quality of the breakfast food.

• Stayed: October 2011