“They Don't Have A "Waiting List"!!!!!!!!!!!”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Columbia
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed August 29, 2011

If this hotel tells you they are putting you on a waiting list, just move on. They have no waiting list. I thought I was on one for six months and when we just stayed there we asked at the desk about where we stood on the list. The answer? "We don't really have a waiting list. Have your husband call back every day to check if there is a change." Only then did I call their customer service. What did I get? Doublespeak. And Rob had his head elsewhere and told me to call his boss, Mike, who was on vacation. Then I called Jim, the company owner, and his admin hung up on me. There is no waiting list. And I am a victim who believed them when they said I was on the list. Unbelievable way of doing business. Nice place but really bad customer service and management.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank j b
ConcernFixer, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2011

Dear JB, My sincere apologies for your experience on every level. We are completely reviewing our entire waitlist program and we certainly do not want any guests dissatisfied with our efforts to accommodate. In this era of technology where there are so many avenues for guests to make reservations, in reality, when we get a cancellation during peak times, within minutes, sometimes seconds, it is picked up again before we even knew it was available. We have shared your comments with all those involved and will better serve future guests because of your willingness to take the time to write your review. We thank you and again, we deeply regret our inability to have given you a better result, more respectfully communicated to you.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

You have GOT to try this place. After reading about it on TA, I thought we would at least do a driveby. Admittedly, it seemed a bit cheesy and it was just myself and my husband looking for a quick getaway. WOW is all I can say. It was the BEST part of our weekend. We wish we would have stayed all weekend, but had already made other plans (most unfortunate on our part).

Pulling up, the view looks like a lodge, walking in, yes, more lodge. Dark wood interior, everything you would see in an old lodge, but super clean. The gift shop in the lobby area was nice too. The help at the front desk was phenomenial. I wish I had obtained all their names, but we found no one would wasn't smiling and helpful our entire stay. We checked in, and were given a great price for a one night stay. Having no clue about the different room types, I believe we were given a special treat! Our room was themed, and looked like a tee-pee over the bed. The room was huge, tall ceilings, ceiling fan, fire place (on a timer which came in handy), a small kitchenette consisting of mini fridge, sink and microwave. The bed was a king size with amazing comfort. There was a leather sofa sleeper, additional chairs for those to sit and watch tv, or simply visit. A large office area with a great light and wonderful setting for our computer and personal items. The best... a HUGE two person jacuzzi right in the main area. It was fabulous and I used it several times. The room also boast a large bathroom offering a very large shower, and off down the hallway was the vanity/sink area and a large walk in closet. I cannot properly express to you how large, up to date and clean this room was. Every detail of the room made you feel like you were in a log cabin / lodge, but yet it was all clean and current. Nicely done.

Then we checked out the pool area. Another huge score! It is an indoor-outdoor pool where you swim under the wall to go outside. The only way into the pool area is via the interior of the hotel, so no outsiders are allowed. You had to have your key card to enter. The little extra's again made it all so worth while. The pool decking chairs and tables, the painted extras making you truly feel like you were in the woods, to the "bear" foot prints paving your way to the extra large L shaped hot tub with a small cascading waterfall. Very beautiful and well appointed. We observed a sauna too, but did not utilize it.

The work out room looked great, although we did not use it.

The free continential breakfast was good. The standards, juice, milk, coffee, hot tea. Cereal, muffins, toast, bagels (with all the assorted spreads) biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit... all I can remember at the moment. Very nicely done and the gentleman running the breakfast area was doing a good job of keeping it replenished and the tables clean for newcomers.

The front desk and all staff members were so helpful in giving us dining choices. We tried Murry's & Flat Branch Pub & Brewing at their advice and we were both so thrilled with them. (I will do those reports later!).

I cannot say one bad thing about the place. The property, the theming, the staff, the attention to detail and cleanliness and safety I felt were all wonderful. The bed was perfect and sleeping was peaceful. We turned the fireplace timer on and went to bed in August with the fireplace going! Other than needing food, you could lock yourself in this room and stay comfy for quite some time.

Please, try it... and if you have kids it is even better! You will NOT be disappointed.

I hope to come back, soon, and bring friends if we can get another great deal on our room!

Thanks for making us have a simply wonderful stay, albeit too short, but perfect in every way!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Wonderful staff! Mike Kelly is an awesome guy. Chandler and all the front desk staff...all the staff actually were very pleasant and helpful! Great place for family and friends! Recommend it to anyone! Awesome job to all!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I love staying at the Stoney Creek Inn! The bedding is wonderfully comfortable and the decor has a nice, rustic feel.

I have brought groups here often and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank sweet037
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I booked both a hotel room and one of the smaller conference rooms to have a bridal shower in. The people who assisted me with my reservations were polite and professional. I did both reservations by phone/email and was completely impressed with every person I dealt with. The conference room was set up beautifully. All of the food and beverages I had ordered were set up on time and were delicious. I had ordered a cake through a local grocery store, but for some reason they could not find my order. The front desk staff went above and beyond the call of duty to help me find a place close by that I could get a new cake. My sleeping room was clean and very comfortable. I will most definitely be staying at the Stoney Creek Inn if I am ever in need of staying overnight in Columbia again. I HIGHLY RECOMMED this hotel if you are in need of just a place to stay or a conference room.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We stayed here on a summer weekend, when Columbia hotels are surprisingly expensive due to youth sports events. Room was dated (dark, woodsy decor) but clean, as was the rest of the hotel. Pool area was pretty nice - 10 year old son loved it and the decor! Breakfast the next morning was standard continental, but included in room rate. Probably not my top Columbia choice, but reasonably close to Mizzou and nice enough, especially if you're looking for inexpensive without being scary.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Didn't expect such a great hotel for that price. Super clean and comfy, great pool, lots of parking and very nice staff. The breakfast was ok, but expected better. Definitely to be recommended! Get room on the top floor to have an extra high ceiling.

Room Tip: get room on the top floor!