$129
The Tiger Hotel(Columbia)
$125
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $140/night.

$84
Country Inn
$85
$77
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $87/night.

$122
$108
$143
$129
  • Restaurant
Staybridge Suites Columbia(Columbia)(Great Value!)
$106
$85
$96
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

$62
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $70/night.

$99
$90
All reviewsroom was cleanyogurtgas stationthe rooms were nicehot tubone night stayhot breakfastnice stayfront desk staffmotelinterstatehousekeeping
Reviewed April 27, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past and have really enjoyed our stay, but… our softball team was to stay at this hotel for one night for a tournament being held recently. Our tournament was cancelled for the weekend due to rain. When I called the hotel to cancel our rooms we were given the run around and only able to speak with the hotel clerk. First I was told okay no problem our rooms would be cancelled, and then were told we would have to pay for the rooms anyway. I was also told they had resold some of the rooms. I asked to speak with management and was given the run around. I left messages for two days with no response, as well as other parents.

I found the management staff and owners of this facility to be quite inept in the customer service area. Management and the owners seemed to be avoiding any telephone confrontation with anyone for two days. When contacting their corporate office for assistance, I was told, “Each of their locations has their own rules and they could not make them talk to me.”

This certainly doesn’t seem to be the best way to make new customers and keep old ones for the future. Since this seems to be the attitude of the Wyndham Hotel Group, it would lead one to believe this is their policy for all the other hotels they are affiliated with. I, for one, will not be using any of these hotels in the future and I’m sure the others in the tournament will not be either. As a traveling team we have NEVER come across this type of service ever. I am extremely disappointed in the manner in which the hotel staff and owners have handled this entire situation.

• Stayed: April 2010
4  Thank STOLENBASE
Reviewed February 13, 2010

I stayed here in November of last year because it was the first Super 8 I found as I was coming to Columbia from northern Illinois. That experience was so great that I stayed here on my next 2 research trips as well.

The rooms are large enough that I can spread out genealogy research materials and the crafts projects that I bring to take a break from research. The desk lamp has a computer plug-in in the lamp base, a welcome relief to trying to find unused nearby wall plugs.

No matter what room I had, there was NO outside noise. In fact, if I hadn't seen other people in the breakfast room, I would have sworn I had the motel to myself.

The staff is great at ensuring guest comfort. I particularly loved Shawn, who teased me about needing to do a better job of letting staff pamper me.

Would I recommend this motel to a friend? Good Heavens yes!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank midnight_researcher
Reviewed September 12, 2009

very clean, seemed "newer" Very nice front desk personnel and a great place to stay along the road. Comfortable beds too. We did not hear any interstate noise.

Really one of the nicer Super 8's we've stayed at and quite inexpensive.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wings1980
Reviewed September 8, 2009

On our way to Six Flags ST. Louis.............Room was clean, sink outside the shower area (I like that). Nice lobby and indoor pool area. Complimentary breakfast was good. Noise level minimal. Staff was friendly. Overall a satisfying experience! Family with 3 kids. I did pay a little extra for a deluxe room but I could not tell the difference in the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank huskertravelers
Reviewed April 2, 2009

My daughter and I were on a 5-day, 4-campus tour of colleges in the Midwest; we stayed the last two nights of our trip at this motel.
As Super 8s go, this one has pretty nice facilities – a reasonably upscale lobby and nice, clean rooms - but it’s located right on I-70, and our experience suggests that it has zero sound insulation. The traffic noises were incessantly loud; I think it would have been quieter if we’d just bedded right down on the I-70 median.
Added to this were interior noises – the shower and the room heater were unusually loud, and it seemed like we could hear every door on the floor, each time it was closed. Plus, we got lucky and were treated to the constant pitter-patter of medium-sized feet pounding up and down the hallways. There was, apparently, a big wrestling event in town for youngish kids, and the local motels were overflowing. That, of course, is understandable. But when the kids found it necessary to run through the hallways, play catch between the 2nd floor balcony and the lobby, etc., and their parents didn’t curb these behaviors, the desk clerk really should have stepped in without having to be asked. He could certainly see what was going on, but he didn’t deal with it until we asked him to tell them to pipe down. He might have shown a little initiative in the matter.
Of the four motels we stayed at during this trip, this one had the least expansive of breakfast choices. They did have the now-obligatory make-your-own Belgian waffles (with the batter pre-measured long enough ago that it had separated unappetizingly). Beyond that, there were Fruit Loops, Special K, bread to toast, and margarine and little packets of jam to put on it. No bagels and cream cheese; no muffins. Not even peanut butter. So if you were looking for protein, you weren’t going to find it.
Housekeeping was lax at best. We were out of our room for long periods on the Sunday of our visit, but returned in the late afternoon to find that the room had not been cleaned. The maid knocked around 4:30; when I answered the door about ten seconds later, she’d already moved on down to the next door. I called to her, and she answered “you’re fine.” I then pointed out that our room had not been cleaned. She looked a little exasperated at the news, but she was pretty quick to send in someone to do it. Since I had nowhere to go, I asked the cleaner to just do the bathroom, and she set the security latch so that the door would stay ajar, presumably so she could get in and out to access the cleaning supplies. But half an hour later, I noticed that the latch was still set that way – she didn’t shut the door properly when she was done.
Also, as the day wore on, housekeeping collected large sacks of trash and put them next to the elevator, on the ground floor. It was a bit off-putting to walk in and find the hallway littered with trash sacks. Why not make a couple of trips to the old dumpster, instead of collecting it where it was totally visible from the lobby?
As to the surrounding neighborhood, there was a Sonic more or less next door, as well as a gas station/convenience store (the motel is sort of behind the gas station). So there were some “amenities” nearby, but all in all, this hotel was low on normal guest services.

• Stayed: March 2009