“Favorite Columbia restaurant!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2012

As a Columbia resident for all of my life, I can easily say that Coley's is my favorite restaurant in town. My boyfriend and I come here frequently (they have $4 Martini's!). The food is ALWAYS excellent, and although the menu is small, the selection is varied (both in cuisine AND in price, which is appreciated). I always, always order the salmon, whether it's on the Grilled Salmon Salad (only $9.50), or the Glazed Salmon (the most expensive menu item, still < $20).

You absolutely MUST try the Pepperjack Mac & Cheese, and the Honey Bacon dressing. I have never tasted salad dressing like this!

The atmosphere is nice AND quiet, although my only complaint is with the chairs! They have really low arm rests, but other than that it seems like a nice, clean restaurant in a historic Columbia building!

As far as the Martinis go, I've tried them all! All are great, but my favorite is the X-rated and the key lime. They also have great sangria!

There are newer reviews for Coley's American Bistro

Reviewed February 19, 2012

I have visited Coley's several times, the most recent was last week. Generally, there are several of us who go. Each time we've been seated very quickly and the service excellent. The staff is very friendly and will give you good information.

We've tried several of the dishes; portion size is just right. I have honestly not heard any bad comments on anything that any of us have ordered. I had the gourmet burger last time and it was excellent. They have a good range of offerings for salads and entrees. They also have a nice, fully stocked bar.

I highly recommend the restaurant to anyone who wants an excellent quality meal with friendly service.