“Slow service, disappointing food.”
Review of La Siesta

La Siesta
Ranked #201 of 406 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Columbia does not have a good Mexican restaurant, and La Siesta is a perfect example of the problems plaguing the Mexican dining scene. I have tried La Siesta three times, and I was unhappy with the service as well as the food each time, so I will not be going back. It seems that the Mexican restaurants that have appeared in Columbia during the last 10 years or so are offshoots of El Maguey, which is not a place I would recommend either. The menus are similar, they staff and their attitudes are similar, the margaritas are equally sweet green water, and the food is flavor-less, crude, and less than fresh. I am willing to bet that not a single one of the Mexican restaurants in Columbia employ cooks (not to mention chefs) who have professional training as cooks. The flavors and methods of preparation are well below what you would expect from people who actually know how to prepare a quality meal. When I want quality Mexican food, I prepare it myself at home because there just isn't a place that serves quality Mexican food in Columbia.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I love this place! The food is outstanding and the service is good. The camarones la siesta is delicious...the spicest around! The staff is friendly and willing to change menu items to please your individual tastes. La Siesta is the only place around that offers avocado margaritas and let me tell you, they do not disapoint! The ONLY downside...the restaraunt is smaller and doesn't have a lot of room to accomodate larger groups...Although, I bet if you were to call ahead they would do their best to make room for you. This is the only Mexican place in Columbia that delivers (for a mere $3.49 and minimum order of, I believe, $20)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you are looking for a really good Mexican restaurant to dine at for lunch or dinner, La Siesta is perfect! It is located downtown, which could be a hassle when looking for parking on a busy evening, but because it is located on the corner of N. 9th street, there is plenty of parking just north of Walnut and along Walnut that makes this restaurant easy to get to with minimal parking. And did I mention the avocado margaritas? If you have not yet tried this you need to! It is the BEST alcoholic drink on the menu, and even if you do not like avocados, try it anyway because it's slightly sweeter than you would expect. They have great service and are always really nice. Try it out!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

There were a lot of good things about my visit to La Siesta. The service was quick and very good throughout the meal, it was very reasonably priced, you got quite a bit of food. My complaint about it was the menu was not very specific about what was in the food. Not that that was a huge deal, it just caught me a little off guard. The food itself was good, nothing spectacular but good. Best thing was their salsa. It may not be a place I frequent, but I would be willing to go back for sure.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is the best place in downtown columbia to eat. their food tastes so good and i just love it so much. they all work sso hard to make it the best and they really are doing a great job.

Been to La Siesta? Share your experiences!