“Great place to stay friendly service and at a great rate” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Columbia

Red Roof Inn Columbia
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Crane, Missouri
“Great place to stay friendly service and at a great rate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I do not do much as a review for things as a service you pay for. However this is a time for me to say "great things about Red Rood Inn in Columbia, Mo.
I must say the staff are Fantastic, clean rooms for great price, located close to everything to easily get to food, shopping, colleges, all of Columbia.
You will find the rooms clean, cheerful and up to date, good selection of TV channels(without worry of off shows) great shower and plenty of towels and needed items.
It can make your day to have people say "Hello" and be glad to welcome you when you are away from Home or just need to relax after a long day of work, traveling or just looking for a bit of vacation. Choose Red Roof in Columbia, MO

Room Tip: Every room is great. I find all the rooms quiet. I do however prefer the lower floor and business ki...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Buena Vista, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great value; as we travel I-70 for over 1,700 miles, this is a great stopover for traveling I-70. Great location, easy access, quiet room, personable services. Only downside-the bathroom exhaust fan did not run.

Room Tip: Rooms in the second building are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I spend football weekends and athletic events at this property it is clean and a good value considering other hotels jack their costs up a great deal. It is well located and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, particularly Tracy who seems to be handle things on the weekends.

Room Tip: Try to get in the building near the office on the back side of the property.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Michael N
okc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

great nieces birthday was same weekend as MO homecoming which means all hotels get to price gouge you. This weekend every hotel was crazy priced however last minute I got a 2 full size bedroom for 99.00 a night. Still 15 more than a suite in jefferson city but I was down the street from the birthday. I was worried after reading reviews. The room itself was clean a bit dated but clean. I got there at 3 pm and there was likie 2 cars in the parking lot which made me more nervous. The hotel rooms open to the outside and many of the rooms had the curtains open so as I walked to my room I looked in and from what I could see rooms looked clean like my room. Breakfast was mini cin rolls and mini muffins and some bagels, toast and coffee that is it. as reviews said 1 bed fairly comfortable 1 more firm. Decided after an 8 hr drive that I wanted to take a hot bath. tub had no stopper went to desk they said that is odd and would have maintenance come by next day. Next day room was clean but no stopper or drain plug. about 8 or so used the restroom and toilet would not quit flushing. Went downstairs was asked if I jiggled handle. I said I took top off to try to fix like at home and couldn't. I just replaced the inside of my tank recently. Went down stairs and was told to move rooms which I did not want to do due to all the presents we had in room for bday. Was moved to another room with 20.00 discount fair in my opinion. the new room had no phone (they told me in advance not a big deal) The tub had no stopper in this room either so apparently there is a pattern there. No alarm so I got one from front desk. plugged it in and it went from number to a funky screen then I said do I smell smoke. the alarm smelled like it had been on fire. I went back to office had the girl smell it and let her keep the clock. firied it. Told her to make a note of it so they know to look at that. next day when I checked out told the clerk to see if any notes on this. She said no so I told the story and she went over and I think wrote it down. So maintenance never came the first day for tub and even in new room no stopper that they have at walmart for 1.77 must save on their water bill. Due to homecoming I stayed here but in my opinion this is at best a 60.00 hotel like a motel 6. room does have mini fridge and micorwave. Thinner towels tub you can't use shower only. No hairdryer in room. 1st room had a chair no table 2nd room had a chair and table. But the sheets and place overall in the room looked clean as opposed to the reviews. did not see a pool or worlkout room. My niece was worried about the area but I didn't have any issues.

Room Tip: go thru the room and check everything before moving stuff in.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Nothing fancy...Seems like a place where workers from out of town stay. No one bothered us but there were men outside in the evening drinking and hanging out on the balcony and parking lot. Bottles and cans and trash all over in the morning but it was picked up very quickly. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Scubarhon
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Horrible room, nasty carpet, bedding was gross. Maybe some other rooms have been upgraded but not the one we stayed in. There were leftovers in the mini fridge, says a lot about how well the room was cleaned. Shady area of town. A bunch of closed restaurants around. Nothing worth walking to for dinner. Reaked of stale cigarettes. Ptac unit was older than me and probably had mold or something growing in it. We stayed because of the pet policy only to discover that a La Quinta was at the other side of the interstate. Bad choice on our part. Hopefully you can choose something better.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank bodiegirl
Walnut Grove, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

The entire staff were very friendly. From the front desk to the hard workers that clean the rooms and the grounds. Room was spacious and clean. The bed & bedding was comfortable and the property was quite at night. There was no hair dryer in the room and the ice was a bit of a walk, but without a doubt we will stay at this hotel again. The rates are very reasonable too. We would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business