“Not what I expect from a RRI” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Columbia

Red Roof Inn Columbia
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Kittanning, Pennsylvania
“Not what I expect from a RRI”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

While checking in 2 police vehicles were leaving the parking lot (that contained at least 20 people). The staff was great. The room we got was in the building where all of the construction workers, etc. were and for a one night stay they put us on the top floor. Walked in the room and it was clean and everything would have been fine except for the toilet that would not stop running. Oh, there was also a cup of milk in the refrigerator...We checked in around 11:30 pm and wanted to unwind and sleep...but there was some idiot in a loud truck outside of the room for over a half hour with the sound of the truck bouncing off of the walls and my ears. Definitely very dissatisfied here.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Bwhiteside, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
I want to apologize for the problems you experienced while staying at my location. I have spoken with my housekeeping satff about making sure they are reporting maintanice problems so they can be fixed immediately. Again I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family and I hope you would be willing to give my inn another chance in the future. Thank you for sharing your concerns.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Albia, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here 1 night during our recent trip to Columbia. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a breakfast offered in the lobby but there was nowhere to sit, and there weren't very many options there, so we went across the street to eat. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Lawson, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We asked for ground but got second floor. Our room smelled like beer. There was a dirty wash rag on the shower curtain bar. We left for our event at 7:00 AM and returned to the room at 5:00 PM and it had not been serviced. Housekeeping told us it would be before we got back from dinner. Three hours later there was a bag of towels on our door and no room service. The desk clerk told us she could do nothing and it was unfortunate. We paid cash and found they had billed my credit card at check out. They gave us a $13 dollar refund which was not enough.

Room Tip: Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Columbia hotels

OHIO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Visiting family in Columbia, we always stay at this Inn. Have always found it to be clean and well maintained. Most recently stayed March 6. Our Superior King was excellent; clean and very functional. I commended housekeeping and the desk and will definitely return on my next trip.

• Stayed March 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a quick business trip to Columbia.. We knew as soon as we pulled up we had made a mistake. The hotel stunk, mud was all over the hotel floors, trash was all over the yard.. We arrived late so we did stay, but locked our doors and didn't come out until the next morning. We chose not to eat the breakfast because of the way the hotel was but instead went to Denny's... I would never stay there again!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Athens, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've stayed at this motel several times over the past few years. Nothing fancy but always reasonably clean and with good beds. Also a plus, it's located near I-70 just North of exit 126 but also far enough from the highway to be reasonably quiet. A "free" breakfast included but don't expect much-cheap cereal, bagels and cellophane wrapped muffins. You do get a newspaper and the Wi-Fi is provided at no additional cost and it works quite well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've stayed at this Red Roof 4-5 times this century and it more than meets the quirky Red Roof image of great Q.A. for room cleanliness combined with worn, grubby exterior. Important to choose the "superior king business" room, otherwise you get an 8 X 8 kennel. Amenities in the superior king, etc are more than adequate (including bed/bedding and cable) and always exceptionally clean, except, oddly, no hangers on the recently replaced hanger rack! Almost no traffic noise even though the site is about 100 ft from I-70; it's nestled back in a hillside - and convenient to everyting in Columbia, which is important since no good bkfst or other restaurants near Interstate. Very pleasant evening desk clerk.

Room Tip: Buildings are on long north-south axis with east side fronting both the busy local sprawl as well as...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo