“dracula's hostel”

Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Columbia, Missouri
“dracula's hostel”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

1. the price for a room was good, but beware of the worst service ever!!! we asked 7 days in a row for them to change the linens and towels (room service) and all we got was a playful of excuses.
2. there were people living on a monthly basis or more, who would scream, fight, yell, and not wanting to sound to prudent, may be engaged in "illicit activities" at 2:30 am.
3. breakfast time was at 6-9 a.m. but it is recommended that you wake up at 5:30 to grab your muffin, otherwise you will find only the usual staled mini-donuts.
4. watch out!! there are different front desk agents working there. they have a terrible coordination so try to stick with one while asking for things. Avoid the hysterical one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank kapedani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The television didn't work the first night I was there and the manager on duty promised to give me a refund. I am still waiting on that refund, when I called back the response was "Well I've talked to another manager and we've decided not to give you a refund". First you're giving it, now you're NOT?? Additionally, there was the filthiest dirtiest chair I've ever seen that I had to put towels on just to sit down! There was also a DEAD BUG IN THE BATHROOM SINK! DIRTY, FILTHY, POOR SERVICE, IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: If you want dirty & filthy stay here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank rory h
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I understand that some people can't help but to live out of a hotel, but if this is the case they should start spaying regularly for bugs like apartments do. We were in town for one night, needed a room close to family & inexpensive. Most def couldn't pass up a 40 dollar suit, right? Wrong, came into a roaches dead/alive & roach motels throughout the room. I felt it was to late to complain & being almost 7 months pregnant all I wanted to do was lay down. How bad can a few roaches be???? Pretty bad when your getting up thru the night to pee & see them over ur head, on the wall, in the bathroom, on the counters. I didn't even bring my bags in until it was time to get dress. I took pics & video photage. I've stayed @ this motel in the past, usually its minor things that are wrong, but this was totally disgusting.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank jinsingjenny
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Potholes in parking lot. Lack of internet access in rooms unless you can pick up weak slow unsecured Wifi from the nearby Quality Inn or Red Roof Inn. You can't expect much from cheap places but I'd stay here again if they only had internet access in the rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This may be in the top 10 worst hotels in the world . Web pics very different then real hotel . Were do We begin . Live in guests low income . Room was nasty microwave was dirty in side . Shower look like it had not been cleaned in weeks . From walls to carpet place was dirty . We left after 10 min . Called corp office . Did get refund .check out our you tube video . Columbia mo hotel nightmare room. Itchy just thinking about it .

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank KC4424
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed in here two years ago. They had just finished the re-module and it was clean. Two years makes a huge difference! Parking was a mess. The room reeked of cigarette smoke (suppose to be a non-smoking room!), there were numerous stains in the carpet along with holes in it as well. The door had huge spaces between the door and door frame so there was a breeze from all around the room. The shower leaked. The couch was suppose to make out to a bed but it was broken. Luckily we had brought an air mattress! We did not have enough towels and when I asked for more they wouldn't have any till after we had left. I will never stay there again and will tell everyone I can reach not to stay there!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MommaBraun
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at americas best before in Grand Junction. So I thought it would be cheap with great service. Boy was I wrong. The tenant next door was drunk at 2am, he started pounded the door at 4am. I had no WiFi in my room and asked to be relocated soon after. The cost is affordable at 38.00 but for a good nights sleep and WiFi I would definitely stay elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013
James R, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for your response. We do provide an affordable stay for short term and long term guests and I do apologize for the noise outside of your room during your stay. We have wifi in the lobby area and ethernet hook ups in all of our rooms. I am sorry we could not accommodate the needs of your trip.