La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia
The Tiger Hotel(Columbia)
$159
$143
  • Restaurant
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia(Columbia)(Great Value!)
$84
$152
$147
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
Staybridge Suites Columbia(Columbia)(Great Value!)
$92
$90
Staybridge.com
$120
$104
$101
Hotels.com
All reviewswafflespet friendly hotelroom was cleancolumbia mallpet ownersboiled eggsstaff was friendlycontinental breakfastwould stay here againfirst floorfridge and microwaveking bedoff the highwayfront desk staffpetsmotelstadium
Reviewed January 19, 2010

What a neat town for college football. Fall colors exploding. Good place to stay. Easy to find off freeway but a distance to drive to the stadium. Growing town, clean and good people.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2009

I found the staff at the front desk (both checking in and out) as well as the breakfast area, friendly and wanting to be helpful. The big banner outside indicated recently remodeled. I have no idea if our room had been remodeled. (1) the door didn't shut by itself, (2) it was hung crooked, so that you could see light (on top of door) from the other side; (3) there was a crack in the sink; (4) the shower control was unusual-too compolicated for travelers; and ther was a lot of interstae highway noise. In fact, I checked twice to see if the window was open. Everything was clean. No lotion, body wash or other amenities, only soap, shampoo, 1 pen and 1 small pad of paper. I never found a guide to the TV channels. I did enjoy the Belgian waffles and yogurt for breakfast. They had choices of 3-complimentary newspapers. I used the computer in the lobby, but the printer was out of ink.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Positives: newly remodeled as La Quinta Hotel, adjacent to Holiday Inn Executive Convention Center, across road from Columbia Mall and restaurants, quiet room, good free breakfast, roomy desk area in room, fridge and microwave, low cost

Negatives: difficult to find (behind Holiday Inn Executive Center) and hidden from view when on Stadium Blvd, mattress must be extra firm...too hard for my husband and myself, room door opens into sink area, commode positioned too close to the wall...hit our shoulders on the t.p. holder when we sat down,tv remote's * button is small and hard to locate (it is the little yellow circular button that controls regular tv programming0.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2009

The room was comfortable quiet and a good value. The breakfast was good. and a very friendly staff. Would stay their again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2008

I recently stayed at the Baymont for a week while in Columbia for a workshop.
I wasn't looking for perks, just a nice clean room and good space to work. While I don't consider myself picky, I won't be going back to the Baymont again. First of all, the furniture, linens, and other elements of the room are very worn. The linens were clean, but had old stains. The room was dank.
I'm not a big TV person, but the television was a problem. They have some system that allows you to buy movies (not interested) and then less than 10 other channels to choose from. The channels were mostly network or news program oriented. This posed a problem when I was ready to relax at the end of the day.
The breakfast is okay. The waffle bar is fine, but nothing to get too excited about. The breakfast choices are mostly filled with sugar and white flour, so they don't provide a lasting meal.
Finally, I was disappointed in the quality of the housekeeping. It was obvious that someone who had been in my room cleaning had been smoking. I returned to a room that reeked.
In the end, the rate wasn't that great ($79.00 a night for one person in a king room) and I won't be staying here again. The Hampton Inn down the road was MUCH nicer and offered a room for only 5 dollars more. I'll be there next time!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mssbkp