“Nice Place”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We are in route to our new home and are traveling with our dog and our cat. They stay free here and the receptionist even gave us doggie and kitty treats. There was a few signs that this hotel has been around for awhile but all in all it's a nice place. I especially enjoy the King beds, and the size of the rooms, it makes it easier for all of us to sleep comfortably.

Room Tip: King bed rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel several times over the past 10 years. Always clean, it gets better every year. As always the pet friendly atmosphere is much appreciated! The rooms were redone a few years ago and they still look good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Traveling cross-country over the holiday with our well-behaved golden retriever. Hate to pay extra for our dog when he is a better behaved guest than many. This hotel did not charge us extra and was welcoming too! Desk clerks were friendly and helpful. Nice place, clean and comfortable, at a good price. Rooms did not smell funny (I hate that), and were smartly decorated. Relatively quiet, as with any hotel just off the interstate, and though they were booked full, it was quiet and we slept well. Offered breakfast (I like that) but we were up and back on the road too early to take advantage of it. Would be nice if there were a little something for the "very" early travelers like ourselves(6AM). I will definitely stay here again when we make this trip to see family the next time. Strongly recommend.

Room Tip: Second floor was good for preventing those loud footsteps from the room upstairs.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed November 7, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2013

When we arrived the check in lady was on the phone and didn't say to hold on, instead she raised her finger at us. She then got an attitude when I told her my mother booked the room for us and was just rude the whole time. She also got mad because we had extra people with us that were not staying with us, I even said they were not. When we came back from our event, I asked for a later checkout. She said we can not do that and I asked why and she said because our cleaners have every rooms to clean, (maybe you need more people working after a big event). So I had my mother call and ask for a later check out....guess what she gave us a later check out. I was not pleased with this women, she was very rude the moment we walked in and had the worst attitude. Not to mention her name tag said she was the GM!! The morning staff was very nice but all the negative from your GM is sticking out more. The room wasn't horrible but the tub was gross. If your going to charge $180 plus tax for a room maybe your staff should be nice, rooms cleaner and maybe a mini fridge...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phy08
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I've stayed here several times but I was disappointed this time. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly. We were on the 1st floor and we had 2 double beds. The one bed needed to be thrown away as it was starting to sag and was very uncomfortable. The other bed in the room was ok or I was told. I didn't get much sleep since the bed didn't sleep well. It was also noisy, you could hear people upstairs and could hear another noise from the machines and the people early of a morning. I've never had this issue before but we only have stayed there once a year for the past 3 years. They really need to replace beds. I had heard some rooms have replaced them but not all. Again room very clean and staff very friendly but that's about it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has new beds.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple