“I forgot how good it is”
Review of Room 38

Room 38
Ranked #31 of 409 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E. Walnut St.
Transit: Bus stop on our corner
Description: Room 38 Restaurant and Lounge is Columbia’s premiere venue for dining, entertainment, and special events. Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Columbia, Room 38 is within walking distance from local hotels, live music and performing arts venues, and just minutes away from Hearnes Center, Mizzou Arena, and Farot Field. Room 38 provides an upscale atmosphere with a contemporary approach, and is your destination when looking to experience the best Columbia has to offer.Whether you are looking for an amazing dining experience of shared plates, would like to relax and unwind with your closest friends, sip signature cocktails, need a destination for after dinner to lounge and drink the night away, or are looking for a sophisticated atmosphere to host your next corporate event, Room 38 Restaurant and Lounge stylishly accommodates.
Reviewed November 21, 2015

Had not been here in a long time and went twice this month after remembering how good it is. Such a fun, diverse menu. They have better tables now which are more comfortable. The seating was one of the things that kept me away for awhile. Wide selection of sharing plates, sandwiches, desserts. Great place to go out for a fun dinner downtown.

Reviewed October 18, 2015 via mobile

We use this location when we would like to have a small meeting with dinner. Good for groups under 15 people. The food is usually good and the have very interesting selections to choose from. The desserts are always a hit.

Reviewed August 14, 2015

I reserved a table for a bachelorette party and the staff did amazing. They explained the menu, gave us opinions, and delivered everything with a smile. The menu is different and very appeasing, even for the members of our party that were gluten free. Nothing we ordered was left on our table. I HIGHLY recommend the Lobster Mac & Cheese.

Reviewed July 7, 2015 via mobile

My son and daughter-in-law were looking forward to Sunday brunch and brought us to Room 38. Although the hostess was quick to get us seated (we were the first party there at 10am, so this should not have been a problem), and the waitress was prompt to offer Sunday morning beverages (Bottomless Mimosas or a Specialty Bloody Mary), everything seemed good. Quick review of the Sunday menu looked fine, but that was where it started to decline. I ordered the chicken fried steak on biscuits, and my spouse ordered eggs benedict on biscuits with roasted potatoes. When the meal arrived, which being the first customers of the day, I would have anticipated it would have been without delay but perhaps the wait was to allow more bottomless mimosa time, we were quite surprised. The chicken fried steak biscuits were small, chewy and more fit for a fashionable diet. When I requested hot sauce to put on the potatoes, I was advised that they had run out of hot sauce. My spouse's eggs benedict was either without hollandaise sauce or it was something that neither of us had seen before. When I eventually was able to get the server's attention, and I pointed out that the eggs benedict was essentially dry, the response was did we want more sauce? I indicated it wasn't a matter of wanting more, it was a matter of wanting what should have been there in the first place. When the waitress returned with a little container of what purported to be the hollandaise sauce, she advised that was all the chef could "scrape" up, and frankly it looked like clear melted butter. The roasted potatoes both appeared and tasted as though they were fried, which also was a disappointment. Eventually, before the end of the meal I had to use the restroom and found the floors, beyond our table at the front of the restaurant, to be sticky. All in all, this was a significant disappointment for an overly expensive meal ($100 with tip), and I would not eat there again.

Reviewed July 2, 2015 via mobile

They have some of the best cocktails in town! They infuse their own moonshine and don't use any sugary store-bought mixes. The blueberry singe is my favorite. Tart and a little spicy. Appetizers are pretty good, and a good deal at happy hour. They just need to keep the place a bit cleaner. It turns into more of a night club around 9pm (at last on weeknights when I've been), which I'm not looking for, so I feel a bit out of place unless we go early.

Been to Room 38? Share your experiences!