“Best BBQ in CoMo”

Shotgun Pete's BBQ Shack
Ranked #38 of 387 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Shotgun Pete's BBQ Shack is an authentic BBQ Joint...located in Downtown Columbia Missouri. Our present location has indoor dining...a courtyard and sidewalk cafe. We feature down-home hickory smoked BBQ...Pulled Pork...Beef Brisket...Spare Ribs....BBQ NACHOS....Pit Smoked Baked Beans...and more! ...plus 6 BBQ Sauces made in-house! We have been featured in Inside Columbia Magazine twice and once on on the cover! Come in and relax...and have some GREAT BBQ! Open 11:30 am to 8 pm Weds thru Thursday, Fridays 11:30 am to 9 pm and 12 noon to 9 pm Saturdays. CLOSED SUNDAYS MONDAYS, TUESDAYS and Holidays...and maybe sometimes for bad weather. Like us on Facebook for updates and stay connected!
Columbia, Missouri
“Best BBQ in CoMo”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have never had a bad meal here. The meat is incredibly tender, literally falling off the bones, and the sides are delicious. If you want something a little different, the BBQ nachos are amazing. Lots of people get carry-out, but I prefer dining-in. Portions are large, and what you don't eat, you can take home.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lisa K

Excello, Missouri
“Amazing”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We were looking for somewhere different to eat for lunch and found a gem! The food was amazing, the servise was perfect and the atmosphere was great. We had the nachos with pulled pork and a pulled pork sandwich. The pork was so tender and tasted incredible. We've been raving about Shotgun Pete's to everyone we know. You won't be disapointed!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank JONATHAN K
Ashland, Missouri
“The best bbq in town!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I love bbq. I eat it everywhere I go. Shotgun Pete's is clearly the best in town. The 'cue is top notch and the side dishes are a cut above most. Unique dishes like BBQ Nachos and BBQ Tater offer something for everyone and gives you something to try each time you visit. The Shack is a unique experience. Staff is friendly & attentive. You won't be sorry and I know you'll go back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank VitaminMoose
Columbia, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved this little shack”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My daughter recommended this little BBQ shack. We loved it so much that we brought our 2 little girls the next week. They loved it too! I loved all the layering of flavors together. The portions are so large we had to share a plate. The choice of local beers was great to go with all that great food. The owner asked us if we liked our food. This is so unusual in our experiences eating out but so appreciated.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jacki04
Liberty, Missouri
“Awsome!!!!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I'm from Kansas City so I know good BBQ and this is the real deal,Hellfire pit beans were the best I've ever had! I would go back in a second! Workers were friendly and helpful!

1 Thank Keith F