“Great staff!”

Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Hannibal, Missouri
“Great staff!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I've stayed here several times throughout the past two years. It's my favorite location when I come through Columbia. The staff is always very friendly no matter what time I end up there. The rooms are clean and the food is surprisingly tasty in the restaurant. The location is convenient, and I have never had to battle traffic the way I used to at other Columbia hotels. Best bet for the money!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Melony R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Sarah,
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love having repeat guests and I will make sure to pass on your kind review to all the staff, we also enjoy the lack of traffic during our commute to the hotel! Please stop by and see us again when you are in town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stay at Holiday Inns all the time and this one was pretty nice. I came in on Thursday before the UNiversity of Tennessee game with Missouri. GBO!!! This was a nice hotel the 15% card they give you for your meal is a good deal. The food was ok and the rooms were clean

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnEast, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Tru L,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, and thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Member and dining in Kem's Restaurant during your stay! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay- we are the newest hotel in Columbia and are very proud of our property. Hope to see you back soon!
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Good parking and friendly staff; got an upgrade to a suite but I had a long walk to my room from the elevator and the wifi was not as fast as I wished it had been --- i could not close the black out curtains no matter what i did or tried --- the elevator doors were noisy when they closed, sounded like they were scraping across the frame each time they opened or closed -- great selection of tv channels -- Scott, front desk clerk was truly an amazing and helpful person who knew customer service well. THANK YOU, Scott.

Room Tip: Get there earlier than later or call ahead to ask them to turn on your a/c when it is hot outside;
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Steve M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate all the feedback! We are sorry about the elevators, we have had maintenance looking into the noise. We are looking into the wifi issue to see if we can improve upon the speed, I apologize that the WIFI was slow. I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and I will make sure that Scott gets his recognition for providing exceptional service. Please try us again next time you make it to Columbia!
Saratoga Springs, Utah
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We are in our 70s making what is probably our last trip East to visit relatives and attend a high school reunion. Having made a career of 30 years in the military, we are experienced travelers. Our trip was complicated by one of us needing supplemental oxygen 24/7 and unable to walk more that 20 yards without pausing to regain normal breathing. We did not request a handicapped room. We arrived about 1500 and were greeted by Zack, who, seeing our needs, upgraded our reservation to a suite at no cost (he had already given us a military discount). We had travelled from Salt Lake City to Virginia and were on our way home. Having stayed at 7 motels, 4 of them Marriotts, our accommodations were the cleanest, most comfortable and the attention and courtesy of the staff was the best we had received. All this for a rate below most of our stops. Some years previous, we had been disillusioned by Holiday Inns, but this experience has put them at the top of our list!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear John S,

Thank you for the 5-star review! I'm glad to hear that our staff went above and beyond to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to our Front Desk Staff, and thank them for providing great service. Thanks for stopping by and giving us a chance to "Change Your View" about Holiday Inn!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stopped at this hotel around 10:30 p.m. after having no luck finding a room anywhere on the west end of St. Louis to Columbia. As two weary travelers, we were so pleased to find wonderful non-smoking accommodations and a cheerful desk clerk. The room and bathroom were very clean, the two queen beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. Breakfast wasn't free, but the food was good and reasonably priced. The service was excellent and our waitress surprised us with to-go cups of coffee! I've never had that at any hotel where I've stayed. My friend accidently left her credit card at the restaurant, but the excellent staff tracked us down before we were more than 15 miles away so we could go back without being inconvenienced. We can't thank them enough for saving us so much worry and heartache. I highly recommend this clean like-new hotel with a very caring staff.

The only negative thing I can report is that there are small flat-screen TVs at each of the booths in the restaurant, which are placed too high on the wall so the sound carries to the neighboring booths when the volume in turned up to high. The man in the booth next to us was quite inconsiderate; when the waitress asked him to turn down his TV, he said the noise didn't bother him and completely ignored her request. A solution might be for the TVs to have a maximum volume that wouldn't disturb others close by.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jeanne Z
HolidayInnEast, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Jeanne,

Thank you for the 5-star review, and for taking the time to review us! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass the compliments on to our staff, who I am glad to hear went above and beyond for your friend's forgotten credit card! Thank you for you comments concerning the tv's in our restaurant booths, I will bring it to our Food & Beverage Director's attention. Thanks again for the kind review and recommendation, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
fenton
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I made a reservation in April for a Saturday night and the rate was $139.00 w/ breakfast included. I checked my reservation on the web site the week before our tip (visiting for The Roots and Blues festival) it showed as canceled. I called the hotel and their computers were down and at the time they were not able to verify my reservation but would call back, in the meantime I re-booked and added the Friday night before as not to lose my reservation. The new rate that Saturday night was $171.00 when I spoke the the Hotel they could see my old reservation that was booked in April but would not honor the $139.00 rate. I was given breakfast coupons but my April reservation had included breakfast already. The bathroom shower had mildew in it and there were stains on the white comforter as well. Noise from other guests in the hall ways went on until 2:00 am. I had recently stayed at A Hilton in Springfield Mo a two room King Suite /and 2 nice restaurants in the hotel for $159.00, I just saw that Hilton has built a new hotel in Columbia. I will be booking at the Hilton next year and for games and still save money. Not impressed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnEast, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Michael,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry about the problems you encountered with our reservation system, and the resulting accommodations increase due to the cancellation of your reservation. Our discounted rooms are priced to sell, and they move very quickly when available! I apologize for the issues you experienced in your room, I will make sure to inform our Housekeeping Department of your comments. Please give us another chance to change your view when you come to town.
Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a new property. It's just off I-70 and it's a bit of a drive into town. The decor is nice, it was quiet, and after a long drive it was easy to get some sleep in the nice comfy king bed in our room. I wasn't impressed with the staff. I interacted with an employee on the phone when making a reservation she was rude....I encountered the same upon arrival at check in. The front desk clerk was trying to make conversation, but it felt like an interrogation. We had a shower curtain with a Brown stain on it...when I mentioned this at checkout she informed me it was on a list to be taken care of. If it was on a list in my opinion should have been taken care of before I was checked into the room. While checking out I was left standing at the desk while the associate answered the phone, no excuse me, or sorry about that....not even a how was your stayor have a nice day. DEFINATELY COULD USE SOME CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING HERE. A pretty property does not always equal a happy guest.

Room Tip: Ask for a King room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnEast, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Karen,
I am sorry to hear about the interactions you had with our staff. We hold our staff to higher standards than what you experienced, and I apologize that they did not deliver. I will speak to the staff regarding this matter and impress upon them the importance of delivering quality service to our guests. Please give us another chance if you make it back to Columbia!