“Ok but not as good as the hotel said”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Rome - CLOSED

The Rome
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Monument, Colorado
“Ok but not as good as the hotel said”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

My wife arrived for what we were told by the hotel would be a great dinner. First the place overall is well kept and the staff friendly.

Nice menu. We ordered dinner and apps. The app was good, the house salad was as well and the fresh bread really good. I had Chicken Marsala and my wife had a white pizza.

My chicken had no flavor and the sauce was weak at best. My wife's pizza had little to no flavor. I had a glass of red wine which the bottle it came out of should have been thrown out days ago, the wine had turned.

Service was good but the courses came out way to fast so you had no time to really enjoy your food. Was not offered any fresh parm cheese for my chicken.

In all, disappointed and would not return.

Olathe, Kansas
“Fantastic evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went to the Rome for the first time for a anniversary dinner. Our party was ~ 40 & we had absolutely fantastic service, delicious food and the entire staff was very attentive accommodating everyone. We drove in 2 hours from KC to have dinner. Would do it again..The meatballs were scrumptious...

• Visited November 2012
Springfield, Missouri
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Had supper at The Rome one night. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they offered a half-sized meal, which was just right for me. The service was great, the atmosphere was very nice, the food was awesome!

Visited October 2012
Chicago
“Best food at Mizzou!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Went there with family the night before homecoming, it was crowded, lively, full of people having a great time with great food and wine. The service was excellent, from the hostess to the bar, to the waitstaff and bus boy! Food was amazing and I could not believe the prices, such a deal! Can't wait to go there next year when we're in town for a game!! Thanks Rome!

Chicago, Illinois
“Surprisingly delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Food was well seasoned and delicious. The house made pasta was great. Goods house chianti, as well. We also enjoyed the focaccia.

Visited September 2012