“Great food great location decent prices” 4 of 5 bubbles

Tellers Gallery & Bar
Ranked #37 of 383 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rolla, Missouri
“Great food great location decent prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

I was looking for a place to eat in the mid-afternoon. We ordered fried artichokes for appetizer. It was very good. I had a veggie quesadilla that was also very good. My daughter enjoyed a beef sandwich au jus. The bread pudding was just ok. Decent service, I will go again

“Eh...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

I hadn't eaten there for years, but my friend chose our lunch spot. I think they attempted to be more gourmet, but in the end, the food wasn't good and I left hungry. My friend didn't enjoy his sandwich either. The coffee wasn't good and the server was untrained and apathetic. The ambiance is good and they have sidewalk seating. Unfortunate visit.

Visited March 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Absolutely excellent and good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

A real gem on Columbia's classic "college town" main streat (Broadway Ave). We visited in low season and had the place substantially to our own on a Monday night. Scott, our server, was knowledgeable, entertaining, and a musician and music teacher to boot. Fair pirce and fair pour on the drinks.
Don't miss the sweet potato chip apetizer with feta cheese dip. The dip was very creamy with just a slight taste of feta, not at all dry as feta can be. Perfectly seasoned.
I had one of the best KC strip steaks I have ever had ($18), with an outstanding ashed potato bed and a delcicious gorgonzola, scallion and chive sauce. The chef nailed the cooking exactly, which is not easy for "extra, extra rare." My wife had mahi-mahi with risotto ($17), which was also excellent.
Top it all of with a window table to watch the college scene go by. Near perfect. They have a late night happy hour with drink special after 9:00 PM, but I have a long drive tomorrow!

• Visited June 2012
Columbia, Missouri
“Very busy on a Saturday night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

We walked in without a reservation on a busy Saturday night but were able to get a table. We ordered the baked brie appetizer which was nicely done with some honey that tasted slightly smoky served with crackers, sliced pear, sliced melon, blackberries and strawberries. We ordered a bottle of Pinot Noir which was brought out with two of those ridiculously small wine glasses. We asked for, and were brought, two larger Bordeaux-style glasses which sufficed for the inexpensive Pinot. Columbia has not, by and large, caught on the decent wine service and appropriate glasses. My partner and I were both intrigued by the grilled portobella and ordered that, but the waitress returned and said that they were out. So I ordered the mahi mahi, and my partner ordered what I believe were vegetarian quesadillas. Our main courses were brought out before we were half done with the appetizer--always irritating--which we diverted our attention from to have our entrees. The waitress returned soon after and asked if we were done with it. The entrees were good although mine was saltier than I would prefer.

• Visited February 2012
Columbia, Missouri
“Good food, but be prepared to wait.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

Tellers has great sandwichs, wraps and salads. The sweet potato chips are a great appetizer. Good location to people watch downtown if you get a window table. Just be prepared to wait for your food, as it seems to always take them a long time to prepare.

Visited November 2011