“Great Option in Columbia”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stayed here several days in May while daughter attended cheer tryouts @ Mizzou. Hotel was great. Very clean - always smelled really good. Hotel was full with Vandy baseball players and other baseball and softball youth leagues, but never loud and still has enough breakfast food for all. Plan to stay again when visiting Mizzou.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Sam H, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2014

Dear Fairfield Inn valued guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a great review of our hotel! The Columbia area has many hotels and we pride our self on being one of the best when it comes to service and quality.

Next time your in Columbia , Please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel to set up your next reservation with us!

Safe Travels ,

Samuel Hoyt
Operations Manager
573-886-8888 ext 610
samuel.hoyt@marriott.com

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I recently had a lengthy stay at this hotel. Several times I had to change my departure date and never had a problem. The staff is excellent, from the people on the front desk to the housekeepers. All were very friendly and helpful. Upon check I Was acknowledged as a Gold Elite member and offered a choice of rooms. Having stayed here before, I chose one on the entrance side of the hotel, away from the interstate as they are much quieter. Unfortunately, the HVAC unit was noisy. Breakfasts were very good, and with a little creativity I was able to vary my meal each day as I didn't want to eat sausage and scrambled eggs every day . Oatmeal, waffles, cold cereal, breads, muffins and fruit enabled a lot of different combinations. The coffee was very good. They often ran out of coffee in the late evenings, and I am a coffee drinker at all hours and often had to work in the evenings after being at the hospital all day. They were very accommodating however on giving me as many of the in-room coffee packs as I wanted. The fresh baked cookies in the evenings were a welcome touch. I have stayed at this hotel before about a year and a half ago, and I was satisfied then. If anything, it has even improved over that stay. I have a few more trips to Columbia coming up, and will definitely stay here, although I will check the room first to make sure the HVAC isn't too loud.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank HJK13
Reviewed January 18, 2014

There are a ton of hotel options when staying in Columbia and the Fairfield Inn is among the best there. The hotel is very modern and clean and the staff is super friendly and efficient. Rooms are large and spacious and the bathrooms are flawless. My only complaint about this hotel is that my room did not include a micro refrigerator. I was surprised and disappointed that this was not standard in every room at a hotel of this caliber. The high-speed Internet worked well and the complementary breakfast with excellent. The hotel is located conveniently off the expressway and there are a multitude of restaurants within easy walking distance. If you are looking for a good place to stay in Columbia then you will be very satisfied with the Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank infinity-x
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was a good stop on a recent business trip. The front desk staff was very pleasant and had my reservation ready to go. The first room they put me in did not have a functioning door lock, so they worked quickly and diligently to get me into a better room. My room turned out to be spacious and well-designed both for work and for rest. The bed and pillows were above average in comfort. I strongly recommend you ask for a room on the entrance side of the building (north, I think) because the noise from I-70 woke me a few times, despite using ear plugs. The breakfast was average for this type of hotel; the turkey sausage offered on the morning I was there did not have a pleasant taste, but there we eggs, fruit, and baked goods so I was able to piece together a good breakfast. The front desk staff was always helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the same side of the hotel as the front entrance. This should reduce the noise fro...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I was moved here after the Courtyard Marriott overbooked. Was $20 cheaper per night and the room was still nice. My only negative comments about this hotel would be that internet service was terrible and the hotel is off the beaten path but still near the interstate. Hooters is next door.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I am a hotel snob. We stayed in room 320 and it had everything I need to be comfortable. The hotel was clean, modern, quiet, but it was a bit pricey at $129.00 per night. It’s just off the interstate and walking distance from basic needs. The wifi is free and it worked all weekend. The hotel only has three floor so its never a long wait for the elevator. One of the amenities is continental breakfast included in the price of your room.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My daughter and I stayed there when I went to visit her at college. The hotel has easy access to the freeway and close to places to eat. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was pretty good. The staff was helpful and available when needed. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on an end room away from the elevator and it was nice and quiet!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family