“Always a great stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia
Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have stayed a couple of times at this Fairfield Inn and Suites, when I am in Columbia for business. It is in a nice, quiet location, a bit off the main flow of traffic, which I appreciate. It is always extremely clean, and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rates are reasonable, and the rooms are spacious.I was quite surprised to see some of the negative reviews, as I have never seen anything but a clean, neat hotel. I have very much enjoyed my stays here, and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Marriott needs to close this place down or at least take their name back. From the cheap towels to the passage ways being hot to the crappy breakfast this place sucks. Even the staff looked like crap wearing stretch pants and tee shirts. This place is not up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank tuftxnswife
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at 3 Fairfield Inns on our trip. This was the worst. From the beginning it was a bad experience. The hotel did not have my reservation and seemed incapable of acknowledging that a mistake had been made or apologizing. The elevator made a horrible grinding noise at each stop. There was a "cockroach" in my hotel bathroom. When I mentioned the insect, the woman at the front desk said they had a "beetle" problem and had been spraying. She didn't offer to reduce our rate or apologize. I was afraid to eat the breakfast after that. They clearly need a refresher course in "Customer Service".

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank myggstikk
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the most part it was decent, until before I checked out I was finding ants in my bathroom. The management was nice. It was in a decent location. I did enjoy the fact that it was close to a bunch of eating places.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed here for business for two nights in July and had a mixed experience. Check in was quick and easy and the front desk attendant was very friendly. Room was clean and the king suite was pretty spacious with a sofa and desk. Internet connection to wifi was easy and speeds were good. I did find a few hairs in the bathroom (a pet-peeve of mine) and an alive roach of some kind under the bathroom sink but everything else seemed pretty clean. Large vanity in the bathroom with plenty of space for all my toiletries. Shower head and water pressure were nice. Mattress was firm but pretty comfortable. The iPhone dock was nice to have in the room but mine was broken.

The rest of the experience was pretty concerning. Since I was there for business, my co-worker had a very large amount of computer equipment in his car. Rather than drag it all inside the hotel, we assumed since they would be in a car where you couldn't see in, they would be safe. We were wrong. When we woke up the next day, they had been stolen from the car. No damage was done to the car thankfully but 99% of the equipment was taken and other personal items were taken from the car. When we went in to report this to the front desk, the front desk person did not seemed concern and her only response was that the hotel is not responsible for equipment or valuables left in the car. Having no sense of surprise, it makes me think that this sort of thing might happen frequently here. That is purely speculation though and there is a HUGE sign when you walk into the hotel to tell you this very thing. If it is such a problem that they must place a huge sign in the parking lot, maybe they could invest in a nightly security guard or request a patrol? Anyway, lesson learned here, don't leave any valuables in your car when staying here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our second time here was about the same as the first. The front desk staff did get us check in prior to our requested early check in which was a huge plus, however there were issues. Our room door did not close properly, and the halls on floor there were very warm. Our room had several discolorations on the walls and marshmellow like pillows on top of our spongish matress made sleeping impossible.

Breakfast was so so with limited choices on low carb items but what do you expect for free. We will probably stay somewhere else nest time we are in town.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is not kid or family friendly at all. We stayed here with my sons entire baseball teams for the show me games. The manager was so rude and talked down to us. She spoke to children so dispicably, in a way I wouldnt even speak to my dog. Several teams were there for the show me games and they all complained about how rude the management was. Also, everyone was complaining of waking up sick after the first night with headaches and sinus issues. One of the parents checked the ac filters in the room abd they were black and full of mold. My whole family came home sick!

• Stayed: July 2012