All reviewsstadium grilluniversity of missourifootball stadiumcomplimentary breakfastvisiting mizzousports barmu campuswithin walking distanceclean roomsfront desk staffbreakfast staffplace to stayconvenient locationnice breakfastin townoatmealfresh fruit
Reviewed January 27, 2011

When we arrived after a long day we were told that the two queen bed room we reserved was not available. We were offered a king room small suite with a fold-out sofa. The young man at the counter was pleasant and immediately discounted the room. It was quite an inconvenience however- who wants to sleep on a fold-out sofa after flying, driving, and working all day. However, overall the property was pleasant and located right next to MU. So, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2011

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the inconveinence you encountered during your stay. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel. We value our guests and their room style requests and honor them whenever possible. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs when you return to the Columbia area. Thank you again for your time and feedback. Have a great day!

Reviewed January 9, 2011

This was the second time I've stayed in the Hampton Inn & Suites near the University of Missouri, and both times have been great. The rooms are new, and the location is perfect near the University. Maybe this should be expected, but in a college town, sometimes the hotels start looking a little grubby after a few football weekends. Not the case at the Hampton.

I also enjoyed the cookies at check-in and the breakfast buffet which was quite good. I'll be back on all my future trips to Columbia.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2011

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you again for your time and comments. Have a great day!

Joe Hecht
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed October 27, 2010

We scheduled a meeting at this Hotel. I have to say this is the nicest hotel that I have stayed in in a long time! Definately a 4 star hotel!! We had two days of meetings and the staff was right on time delivering beverages and snacks for the breaks, catering lunch (which was great!) and anything else we needed. Couldn't have asked for a better group of people to take care of us. Everyone one of the employees all the way up to the RVP was impressed. If you want a good meeting place, definately go to the Hampton at the University. Thanks again to all the staff who made our meetings a success.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2010

We would like to thank you for the wondeful comments you left about our hotel! We are very happy that you enjoyed your time here, and we look forward to having you back with us again! Thank you again for your time and feedback. Have a great day!
Joe Hecht
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed October 7, 2010

The staff were particularly friendly and helpful, even loaning us a pair of pliers to fix our toddler's toy train, and calling a local restaurant for us to make an enquiry when I went downstairs to ask to borrow a phone book. Absolutely wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2010

We would like to thank you for the wonderful comments you left about our hotel. We are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us, and we look forward to the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs while in Columbia. Thank you again! Have a great day!

Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 28, 2010

I stayed at this location recently when my husband and I were moving our son to mizzou! The hotel its self was lovely, and I loved the convenience of the sports bar. The staff was amazing, the over night staff recommended the "UNTOUCHABLE" from Wise Guy's and it was beyond delissshhh :) Also, my son loved the "MIZZOU" that is in the lobby!
The next time I am in columbia I will be returning here!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2010

We would like to first thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay at our property. Thank you for your wonderful comments about our property! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us! We hope that we will continue to be your choice of lodging in Columbia for the future. Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to having you here again!
Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager