All reviewsstadium grilluniversity of missourifootball stadiumcomplimentary breakfastvisiting mizzousports barmu campuswithin walking distanceclean roomsfront desk staffbreakfast staffplace to stayconvenient locationnice breakfastin townoatmealfresh fruit
Reviewed November 6, 2017

Pros:

- You're not going to find too many hotels nationwide with a better proximity to a campus sports stadium than this place. It's about a 10 minute walk to the football and basketball arenas from here. Easy stroll.
- Very helpful staff. A group of us hung out in the lobby for awhile at night and the staff was very friendly and helpful.
- Fast internet for a hotel. The premium connection was worth it - about 18Mpbs down.
- Room was what you expect from a Hampton Inn. Solid, clean, comfortable.

Cons:
- Know that for home games, they have a 1 car per room parking policy. This wasn't well explained ahead of time and caused some confusion.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Susan B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Dear Mike F.;
Thank you for your review, our location is great for pretty much any sporting event you want to see in Columbia. I apologize for the confusion on parking. We're sorry we missed that in our correspondence. Hope to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

No complaints. The check in and check out was fast. Room was clean, and complimentary breakfast was perfect. The staff was friendly and helpful. It's located in a perfect spot in Columbia, close to everything.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Susan B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

Dear A6256DNangelag;
Thank you for your review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

A used diabetic mini pen needle sticker flew out of my bed after I was mysteriously stung by what I thought was an insect in the middle of the night...Then I found a food wrapper (not mine)... Staff did not take it seriously. Gross hotel. Not worth it.

1  Thank O8306ZImargaretm

Dear 08306AImargaretm;
We offer our heartfelt apologies for your encounter. I assure you that we do change the sheets between each and every guest. We have reviewed procedures with the staff to make sure that they are inspecting the rooms so that this does not happen to anyone else. Again, I am so sorry.

Reviewed October 31, 2017

i give this a poor review because the bed was the worse I have experienced and the pillows were useless. I can not recommend this hotel because of the poor bed, pillows and extremely noise heating/cooling system which could not regulate the room temperature - it was either to hot or to cold. the bed had no support of any kind and the pillows were usefull for sleeping on. very disappointed with the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Susan B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

Dear D6755AZwilliamd;
I am so sorry that you were disappointed in our bedding. A good night's sleep is our goal and a apologize also about the heating/cooling system. We do value your feedback and we hope you will come back to see us.

Reviewed October 29, 2017

When I arrived to the hotel I was told that my room was unavailable (at 7pm) and that they did not think that the room was cleaned that day by Housekeeping. I was forced to wait ~30 minutes. During this time I needed to use the restroom because I was coming off of a 6 hr drive to Columbia. I use a wheelchair and require special equipment to use the restroom and since my room was not ready upon my arrival I had to bring the equipment and set-up in the public restroom. Then when the room was ready I had to move things up to my room. When I was taken up to my assigned room I immediately noticed it was not the room that I has securely booked. Instead a of an ADA room with a roll-in shower I was given a room with a bathtub and no bath/shower chair to use. This made it impossible to take a shower. We went back down to the front desk and the staff took another 45 minutes searching for the correct room to no avail. I eventually agreed to take the room with the bathtub and go out to Walmart to buy a shower bench that I could use. The only good spot was that the night attendant Cameron Foss and the night maintenance guy were very nice and Cameron offered to pay me back out of his pocket for the shower chair. He went out of his way to try to find the correct room however he shouldn't have had to.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Susan B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear Vbaby00;
My sincere apologies for your experience and I will research exactly what happened to your original reservation to see that it doesn't happen again. We try to make sure that all guests receive their desired accommodations. Thank you for your patience with the staff, I will help them figure this out.