We stayed for two nights in a king whirlpool suite. The hotel was practically perfect. Everything was clean and modern (and obviously nearly brand-new as the hotel was just built recently). The staff was friendly and helpful. The elevators were fast; there was ample parking close to a door for loading and unloading our car, and there were always available luggage carts. Our room was pristine. The bathroom was a nice size and so clean it was gleaming. There was a wetbar area that was well-lit and plenty of mirrors and lighting throughout the room. The room had a very large closet next to the wetbar. In the bedroom portion of the room, the bed was wonderful - comfortable with lots of fluffy pillows. The room had an LCD TV. There was an amazing desk next to the TV -- it wasn't your typical desk but was shaped in a way that made it incredibly convenient to use a laptop - especially with the outlets right on the base of the lamp on the desk so you don't have to search for a plug. And the whirlpool was large and relaxing.
My only qualm with the hotel was the breakfast. There was nothing wrong with it, but it didn't wow me. They had your usual continental breakfast fare (bagels, pastries, cereal, etc.) and then each day they have a selection of hot food. The first morning we were there, it was waffles and sausage. I tried some sausage and it wasn't terrible but wasn't very good. We actually ended up going to Ernie's for breakfast that day because we wanted a more substantial hot breakfast. The next day was better -- they had scrambled eggs, your choice of plain or with ham and cheese. Plus, the biscuits they have look like normal biscuits but were warm and soft and delicious. I think they could add gravy for the biscuits to give a bigger selection of hot food, but overall I can't really complain.
We were there for a romantic getaway (we had the romance package that included champagne and roses in the room, which was a nice and inexpensive touch). But our entire floor had a sports team staying there to compete against Mizzou, and we were worried about noise. We heard nothing from our neighbors at all -- the only noise we heard were when the people immediately next to us closed their room door. I have never stayed at a hotel with such good sound proofing before. I think it would be a great hotel for a business trip because of that and all the useful amenities (free wireless, convenient area for laptops, etc.), or just a place to stay when traveling with friends or family.
The location was convenient, too. If you are traveling for university-related events, it is right next to the south side of the university. We went to a couple of events downtown, and it is just a short drive (probably about a mile) to be right in the heart of downtown Columbia.
We didn't use the pool or any of the other amenities at the hotel, but the pool looked very nice. And the hotel lobby is beautiful and would be great for hanging out/relaxing during the evenings if you feel like a quiet night in.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to campus, far from ordinary...Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University of Missouri).Let's face it: if the Hampton Inn & Suites® Columbia (At The University of Missouri) were any closer to campus, you might need a student ID. As the closest hotel to the University of Missouri, you're just minutes away from Stephen's College and downtown Columbia and near a world of fantastic attractions.Want to get out and experience all that Columbia has to offer? Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University of Missouri) puts you right in the middle of it all. Farout Field, Hearnes Center and the Mizzou Arena are all within easy walking distance of our Columbia hotel. If shopping's more your speed, "The District" downtown is noted as an eclectic shopping and dining experience with an outstanding mix of entertainment choices. Plus, art aficionados will surely appreciate attractions such as The Museum of Art and Archaeology, The Museum of Anthropology, Jesse Hall Auditorium, Missouri Art Gallery and the Bingham Gallery. You'll find it all just minutes from your room at the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia, where you are close to campus, but far from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University Of Missouri) Hotel Columbia
- Hampton Inn And Suites Columbia (At The University Of Missouri)
- Hampton Inn Columbia
- Columbia Hampton Inn