All reviewsstadium grilluniversity of missourifootball stadiumcomplimentary breakfastvisiting mizzousports barmu campuswithin walking distanceclean roomsfront desk staffbreakfast staffplace to stayconvenient locationnice breakfastin townoatmealfresh fruit
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We wer pleasantly surprised! We always stay at Marriott Courtyards when we need an overnight hotel. Hampton Inn is just across the street from U of Missouri and U of Missouri Medical Center.
Beds were very comfortable, large sink vanity in the bathroom with shelf below, easy to control temp in room. Very clean room and hotel. Breakfast looks very good with a large seating area. Friendly staff. Will return when in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank IlovetheCaribbeannow
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return visits to Columbia. Thank you again for your time and comments! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The room was very clean, very nice. We had one problem, and it was that the heating/air conditioning unit was making a terrible sound. What made the problem worse for me was that I was in town for medical tests and was very under-the-weather, so dealing with the noise and having the maintenance man trying to figure out the problem, and then eventually having to move to another room - was very difficult to me. My traveling partner (my mom!) told me when we were checking out, that I should ask for another discount (I already had received a medical rate) because of the trouble, but the desk clerk was very busy when I left the keys, so I didn't ask for one.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with your A/C unit during your stay. I would like to invoke our 100% satisfaction guarantee on your behalf for the issues you encountered. If you would be so kind as to return my message so I may obtain some information from you, I can gladly get the guarantee applied for you. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here when we had a family visit. It was great! The rooms and entire area was super clean and very comfortable. The desk clerk was super when we checked in and made sure that we were aware of all the things to do in the area. Even printed out directions to the Olive Garden we were going to for supper. Breakfast was excellent and I can see why this motel has such high ratings on this forum. A little off the beaten path for Interstate Highway travel but worth the extra effort to find it.

Room Tip: We were not there on a game day so not sure about the traffic at time. Very quiet and seemed to be very secure and well taken care of. I do not think there was a bad room but understand the concept of getting a higher floor on game days!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that we were able to make your trip a little more enjoyable while in Columbia. We hope that will allow us to continue serving you during any future visits to Columbia. Thank you again for your time and feedback! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I will not stay anywhere else in Columbia. We managed to get a room for a football weekend when my Alabama Crimson Tide was playing the Mizzou Tigers. There is a reason this is the #1 ranked hotel in town. It is a very easy walk to the stadium, even in a monsoon. Even if you have non-football business on campus or the VA hospital, it is a great location. Very easy off I-70. The hotel is immaculately clean. The breakfast was delicious and the breakfast area was constantly restocked. The pantry was convenient, as was the convenience store in the parking lot. The connected Stadium Grill is outstanding. The indoor pool and hot tub were great. The staff was friendly and accommodating. All SEC fans need to make this their #1 choice.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor. There's a lot of foot traffic on a football weekend.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for the wonderful comments about your recent stay with us. We are excited to welcome the fans of the SEC to town! We hope to see you again in a few years! Thank you again for you feedback! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is my go-to-place when I travel to Columbia for conferences and campus convenings. I have stayed in this hotel four times and have never been disappointed. The staff is 5-star courteous and will accommodate just about every need you have. Staff members are friendly and genuinely seem to enjoy interacting with guests. The rooms are huge! Plenty of space to do yoga, and 20 people could sleep in the papa bear sized beds. I especially like the work nook in the rooms. The desktop is spacious and allows for plenty of elbow room while working on a computer, spreading out materials, drinking coffee and eating assorted food items from the free breakfast bar the hotel provides each morning. Oh, and the cookies the staff sets out near the reception desk each afternoon are deelish! For location, you can't beat this hotel. It's super close to the Mizzou campus and the mile-or-so-walk to the quaint inner core of Columbia lets you work up an appetite in anticipation of the town's many wonderful restaurants and coffee shops. If you don't feel like leaving the hotel, no worries there. The bar and grill that's attached to the hotel also serves good pub grub. There's just one place worth staying as a visitor to Columbia, and this is it!

Room Tip: Try not to get a room next door to the elevators or ice machines. Not because of the noise of the equipment, but because of the noise of the people clamoring in these particular spots.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your past stays with us! We are so happy to hear that we are your #1 choice whenever you're in the Columbia area! If there is every anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know right away! Thank you again for you comments! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.