All reviewsstadium grilluniversity of missourifootball stadiumcomplimentary breakfastvisiting mizzousports barmu campuswithin walking distanceclean roomsfront desk staffbreakfast staffplace to stayconvenient locationnice breakfastin townoatmealfresh fruit
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I will not stay anywhere else in Columbia. We managed to get a room for a football weekend when my Alabama Crimson Tide was playing the Mizzou Tigers. There is a reason this is the #1 ranked hotel in town. It is a very easy walk to the stadium, even in a monsoon. Even if you have non-football business on campus or the VA hospital, it is a great location. Very easy off I-70. The hotel is immaculately clean. The breakfast was delicious and the breakfast area was constantly restocked. The pantry was convenient, as was the convenience store in the parking lot. The connected Stadium Grill is outstanding. The indoor pool and hot tub were great. The staff was friendly and accommodating. All SEC fans need to make this their #1 choice.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor. There's a lot of foot traffic on a football weekend.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful comments about your recent stay with us. We are excited to welcome the fans of the SEC to town! We hope to see you again in a few years! Thank you again for you feedback! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is my go-to-place when I travel to Columbia for conferences and campus convenings. I have stayed in this hotel four times and have never been disappointed. The staff is 5-star courteous and will accommodate just about every need you have. Staff members are friendly and genuinely seem to enjoy interacting with guests. The rooms are huge! Plenty of space to do yoga, and 20 people could sleep in the papa bear sized beds. I especially like the work nook in the rooms. The desktop is spacious and allows for plenty of elbow room while working on a computer, spreading out materials, drinking coffee and eating assorted food items from the free breakfast bar the hotel provides each morning. Oh, and the cookies the staff sets out near the reception desk each afternoon are deelish! For location, you can't beat this hotel. It's super close to the Mizzou campus and the mile-or-so-walk to the quaint inner core of Columbia lets you work up an appetite in anticipation of the town's many wonderful restaurants and coffee shops. If you don't feel like leaving the hotel, no worries there. The bar and grill that's attached to the hotel also serves good pub grub. There's just one place worth staying as a visitor to Columbia, and this is it!

Room Tip: Try not to get a room next door to the elevators or ice machines. Not because of the noise of the equipment, but because of the noise of the people clamoring in these particular spots.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your past stays with us! We are so happy to hear that we are your #1 choice whenever you're in the Columbia area! If there is every anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know right away! Thank you again for you comments! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Two of us were in town to work a large conference at the hotel. The night we checked in, there was a line of people waiting to register and one young man, Ryan, working the desk. At one point, a young woman came out from a locked office, walked up to the desk [with 8 or 9 people in the lobby] and answered a phone that had just started to ring. After fielding the call, she registered the next person in line, then disappeared back into the office. I'm not sure what that was about, but I was surprised that at 6-something in the evening with a lobby full of guests waiting to check in, and a steadily ringing phone, there was essentially only Ryan trying to handle it all. Kudos to him.

Our meeting room was fully set up that evening, for the next day. When I arrived the next morning, Stephen [whom I think was the meeting manager] greeted me in the hall. He was really on top of his game, as was the young woman who handled the beverage service. Stephen had the set-up well under control, which minimized problems. He smiled throughout the day and was responsive to every request we threw his way. Ditto for the young woman [whose name I didn't get] handling the drinks. We couldn't have asked for more.

Breakfast was healthy, which I really appreciated. Old fashioned oatmeal with nuts and dried fruit ... plus the usual dry cereals, breads/pastries, fresh fruit, etc.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with a delayed check-in. We will definately take a look at how we can improve our efficiency of checking our guests in. Again, please accept my apologies for your delay.

We are very excited to hear how well your meeting experience went! Steven has been a wonderful addition, and it's great to hear how well he was able to meet your needs. Thank you again for your time and feedback, and thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia.

Joe Hecht
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stay here once a year for work. It is in a great location for getting to campus. I normally fly into Columbia instead of St Louis, the flight costs more but I dont have to rent a car. I take a 25 minute cab ride to the hotel and a few short cab rides to campus buildings (I have walked back from the animal science buildings and the Alumni Center and it is not to bad).

If you drive, parking is on the side and back of the hotel, the lot in front is only for the restaurant. There is a door to the lobby on the back of the hotel so as long as you are not parked on the side of the hotel, it is easy enough unload. At night they have cookies in the lobby, they have coffee and tea all day. They have breakfast (hot and cold items) in the morning and I think you can request a to go breakfast. The rooms are all pleanty big and clean. There is free internet. There is a pool and a exercise room. The exercise room has a few treadmills, an elliptical, a peddler and a weight set. There is a buisnness center with a couple computers and printer - usually one of the computers is having issues. They sell snacks in the lobby and are connected to the Stadium restaurant which is pretty good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your past stays with us! We are happy to hear that you've been able to take advantage of our close proximity to the University of Missouri campus. I apologize if you've experienced as issue with one of the computers in the business center in the past. If you should ever encounter a similar issue, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll get it taken care of for you immediately! Thank you again for your comments! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The room I was in was fantastic! It was a king suite which was way more than I needed for the night. Extra large room, fridge, microwave, sink, & coffemaker in the kitchen area, large sink area outside of the bathroom, couch, desk/table with 2 chairs, plenty of lighting, lamp with plugs for charging phones or computer on the desk, & the bed was sooooo comfortable. Electric plugs everywhere made phone charging a snap. 24 hour coffee. A breakfast was included.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

We would like to thank you for leaving such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will allow us to continue serving you on your next visit to Columbia! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.