Two of us were in town to work a large conference at the hotel. The night we checked in, there was a line of people waiting to register and one young man, Ryan, working the desk. At one point, a young woman came out from a locked office, walked up to the desk [with 8 or 9 people in the lobby] and answered a phone that had just started to ring. After fielding the call, she registered the next person in line, then disappeared back into the office. I'm not sure what that was about, but I was surprised that at 6-something in the evening with a lobby full of guests waiting to check in, and a steadily ringing phone, there was essentially only Ryan trying to handle it all. Kudos to him.
Our meeting room was fully set up that evening, for the next day. When I arrived the next morning, Stephen [whom I think was the meeting manager] greeted me in the hall. He was really on top of his game, as was the young woman who handled the beverage service. Stephen had the set-up well under control, which minimized problems. He smiled throughout the day and was responsive to every request we threw his way. Ditto for the young woman [whose name I didn't get] handling the drinks. We couldn't have asked for more.
Breakfast was healthy, which I really appreciated. Old fashioned oatmeal with nuts and dried fruit ... plus the usual dry cereals, breads/pastries, fresh fruit, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to campus, far from ordinary...Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University of Missouri).Let's face it: if the Hampton Inn & Suites® Columbia (At The University of Missouri) were any closer to campus, you might need a student ID. As the closest hotel to the University of Missouri, you're just minutes away from Stephen's College and downtown Columbia and near a world of fantastic attractions.Want to get out and experience all that Columbia has to offer? Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University of Missouri) puts you right in the middle of it all. Farout Field, Hearnes Center and the Mizzou Arena are all within easy walking distance of our Columbia hotel. If shopping's more your speed, "The District" downtown is noted as an eclectic shopping and dining experience with an outstanding mix of entertainment choices. Plus, art aficionados will surely appreciate attractions such as The Museum of Art and Archaeology, The Museum of Anthropology, Jesse Hall Auditorium, Missouri Art Gallery and the Bingham Gallery. You'll find it all just minutes from your room at the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia, where you are close to campus, but far from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Columbia (At The University Of Missouri)
- Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University Of Missouri) Hotel Columbia
- Hampton Inn Columbia
- Columbia Hampton Inn