All reviewsstadium grilluniversity of missourifootball stadiumcomplimentary breakfastvisiting mizzousports barmu campuswithin walking distanceclean roomsfront desk staffbreakfast staffplace to stayconvenient locationnice breakfastin townoatmealfresh fruit
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Very clean and quiet. Spent one night, but would be a great location for parents visiting kids at school or a football game weekend at Mizzou.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your visit to Columbia, and we would love the chance to continue serving your lodging needs during your next visit! Thank you again for your comments! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

It was a very nice hotel and the front desk was super nice. The only thing problem was it is built next to some ghetto apt buildings. I was most definatetly worried about my car getting broken into. I don't think I would stay in this area again if I was traveling through.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
SusanBellSusan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Paul C;
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel, we appreciate all feedback. Regarding the apartments next to us, while they are not the most attractive, they are mostly rented by University graduate students and our hotel guests have never experienced problems with the apartment tenants. Knowing that, we hope that you will continue to stay with us in the future.
Sincerely;

Reviewed July 9, 2012

A typical, reliably comfortable Hampton Inn: great bed, good breakfast, clean rooms, helpful staff. Located right next to the University of Missouri and a short drive downtown. A restaurant next door but none other within walking distance.

Dear Aretiredtraveler;
Hampton regards itself as the most consistant brand available and we thank you for your comments on our doing our part. We try to maintain the brands standards to match all our sister hotels worldwide. Thank you again, we look forward to your return.
Sincerely;

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We took our daughter to the University of Missouri's two day Summer Welcome. It was a very, very long first day and parents didn't need to be involved in everything so my husband and I were able to go back to the hotel a few times to relax and get out of the heat. The room was very clean and comfotable. It was one of the best Hampton breakfasts I've had as well. Coffe all was available all day and night too. A huge plus with me! However, the front desk person was not very friendly. She was short with us and never smiled. In her defense, she was the only employee at the time and there were lots of check-ins as well as people needing various things. I might not be too happy either. I commented on the hotel traffic and she said the there two big events going on. Manager take note: when you know you have two major events, don't leave one employee to hold down the fort. It left a bad impression on us. My daughter will be at Mizzou for the next four years. We will be back to visit often and have other choices as do other parents.

1  Thank Deborah D
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Dalcar;
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia. The problems you mentioned with our front desk staff have been addressed. We were a bit understaffed and we are sorry that you didn’t receive the level of service you deserve. We appreciate you bringing this to us and we hope you will give our hotel a second chance. Thanks again for your feedback, we certainly appreciate it.
Sincerely

Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was my first experience at this location and I wasn't disappointed; the hotel was well maintain and conveniently location across for the MIZZOU and just steps from the sports arena and football stadium; the hotel was fresh and seem to be just built; the hotel has a restaurant attached right in front and a gas station across the road; this hotel has a huge common area for gathering, with a bar height table in the center, which is great for the free breakfast; the hotel was very clean and quiet and the room I stayed in was very large; this hotel will be my first choice when visiting MIZZOU

Room Tip: booked your rooms early during football season;
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Columbia, and we look forward to serving you during your future visits! Thank you again for your time and feedback! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.