“A nice break from ordinary”
Review of Sophia's

Sophia's
Ranked #8 of 395 Restaurants in Columbia
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Good quality, dependable, nice decor, good food. Feels very nice. Some good wines. A decent bar. Has indoor and outdoor seating options.

There are newer reviews for Sophia's

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I've been wanting to go to Sophia's for a long time, but never made it there. Finally, I took a date and we had a great experience. The food was excellent. Well prepared, well plated, creative, and just plain delicious. Service was solid and the atmosphere was great for a date. I recommend it for a special occasion since the prices are (understandably) a little higher than most Columbia area restaurants.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The food is great! I had the filet special that had a poached egg on top. Fantastic . Food is moderately priced and great atmosphere.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Sophia's is a nice drop in restaurant for us. When on the Southside of Columbia we enjoy stopping for drinks and pasta. You should try this one if you haven't. We eat out considerable and this is one of my favorites.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We took our daughter here for brunch. Why can't I find a restaurant in Houston that has food that tastes this good and at a reasonable price! Nice atmosphere and great food for dinner too (we tried it out). I chose a steak and eggs selection that was the best I have ever had. My wife and daughter chose a unique brioche which they loved. We shared a breakfast bread that was prepared in a circular pan and the taste was like cinnamon rolls. It was served warm, just out of the oven and so delicious! It was large enough that there was some left over and of course, it went back to the dorm with her. Good coffee and latte.

I can't wait until we return next year. I'm going back.