“The BEST Rootbeer (Served with a Side of Americana)!”
Review of Mugs Up Drive In

Mugs Up Drive In
Ranked #98 of 387 Restaurants in Columbia
Missouri
“The BEST Rootbeer (Served with a Side of Americana)!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

When visiting Columbia, we always stop in at Mugs Up for the BEST Rootbeer! This place is straight out of an Americana museum… an old-fashioned drive-in with home-cooked food.

• Visited May 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BBQ Cheese Zipburger with everything please!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great food! Love the Zipburgers, chili cheese dogs, chili cheese fries, & root beer floats. Plus the fun of a drive-in.

• Visited September 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“fun place”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

it's fun to go to MUgs up however I wanted a hamburger on a bun and got loose cooked meat like a sloppy jo which I like but this tasted awful to my taste buds

Visited May 2013
Missouri
“Love the Cheese Zip!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Mugs Up is my favorite real drive in! I've only ever had the cheese zip w/everything. They are so good I don't want to try anything else! Sometimes I'm so hungry I think I can eat 2 but then the first one fills me up. Always good reheated in the microwave tho! The price is great too. Root Beer Floats are a must!

Visited May 2013
Las Vegas
“A true trip back to the 50's!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you have never been to a Mugs Up Drive In you have missed a great treasure form the 50's and 60's. This is one of only two that I know of that are still in operation. The other is in Independence, MO. At one time there were many units located around the greater Kansas City area. They were a fun place to go on a hot summer night to enjoy a mug of fresh made Root Beer. It is still made on location, not by some huge bottling company. And the Cheese chile dogs are the bomb!

Visited April 2013