“Nice but ......”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
San Diego, California
“Nice but ......”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stay here primarily because the rate is much more reasonable than the Hampton Inn. I do NOT like the fact that the rates is higher on the weekends. This is NOT a prime tourist area at all.

They need to update their bedding, pillows and sheets! Although I could tell they were clean, I cannot stand for the shower curtain to attach itself to me. Also, almost no hotel/motel still has the straight shower curtain rods anymore!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Carrie C
maxwelmo, Manager at Parkfield Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
First, I want to thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate customer insights. Next, since your visit, we have upgraded all rooms to the curved shower rods in all of the showers. Once again, thank you for your response.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Jacksonville
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stopped here because I was exhausted and it was in a convenient location. Was I pleasantly surprised. It's excellent, it's fantastic!! I drive a tractor trailer and it has parking for me and boats and rv's. There are 2 restaurants within walking distance and numerous fast food joints. The rooms are excellent, beds great, excellent tv channel selection, etc.

I've stayed here 3 times so far and expect to return.

When I first stayed here I really expected a dump although the exterior was well maintained and actually looked really good. I highly recommend this place for families, friends, and fellow truckers.

PS I don't write bad reviews because I don't return to those motels and they are usually the lower priced places where you don't have a high expectation to begin with and you stop there as a last resort.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Eugene D
USA
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Pretty nice place, but I was disappointed in the 'wireless internet'. You could only access it in your room if you had a phone jack!?!? Otherwise the pool and whirlpool were nice- the whirlpool was nice and big which you don't find at many hotels. The only complaint I would have is that I could hear the people upstairs walking around and I don't think they were going out of their way to be loud.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Rooms were very clean and when we arrived the AC had already been turned on (it had been in the triple digits with humidity). Breakfast was good both days and the beds were comfortable. Used the washer to do a load of laundry and it all worked fine. Our room was on the second floor and smelled fine, but the hallway smelled of smoke the entire visit. Wondered if there were smoking rooms on the property somewhere. If so, time to follow the trend of major chain hotels and make it a smoke free property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This locally owned and operated hotel was a great place to stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful and all spoke English. That may sound like a strange thing to add to a review, but when you have questions about breakfast or the pool or need something specific from the cleaning staff, being able to carry on a conversation makes a big difference.
The rooms were clean and nicer in person than they appear online.
The hotel is surrounded by restaurants, gas stations, a car wash, and several stores (Wal-Mart, Walgreens, etc.)
We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank FarmWifeMomOfFive
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed for one night in October. It was the night before our first leg of the Katy Trail. The location was just one exit down from the Katy Trail. It was very easy to get to. The staff duriing check-in were friendly and helpful. Free parking, free wifi, and a good free breakfast buffet--waffles, bisquits with gravy, fresh fruit, bagels, peanut butter, sausage, egg, pastries. Everything was clean and in good shape. The price was very reasonable. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Clinton.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank rickleed
kcmo
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We always make Parkfield Inn our overnight stop between the north and south in Missouri. It is welcoming and always the way we expect it; turned down bedding, clean linens and sheets and a pretty good breakfast. We have no real complaints and would prefer it to any other motels. They do seem to have a problem with unhappy desk clerks that don't appear to like their jobs and sadly take it out on the guests. However, that just does not overshadow how pleasant a motel that it truly is. I had the opportunity to speak with the manager. It was a real joy as she was so professional and eager to make her guests want to return. I like that. I think she'll get these desk clerks on board; she's got a good business ethic.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank I-no-lie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Westbridge Inn & Suites
Haysler House Bed and Breakfast Inn
Osage Bluff Lodge
Osage Bluff Lodge
#3 of 3 in Warsaw

Been to Parkfield Inn? Share your experiences!