“Excellent, homecooked meal at affordable prices”

Smith's Restaurant Express
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Overland, Missouri
“Excellent, homecooked meal at affordable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Branson for dinner. It looked like a "hole in the wall" joint, but I had checked other reviews on Tripadvisor, so we decided to take a chance on it. When we ordered our meal, we were very pleasantly surprised. I ordered the pot roast, and my husband ordered the fish and shrimp dinner. Both were under $12.00, the food definitely tasted home made, came with 2 sides and a very tasty dinner roll (like I would have made) and the portions were more than enough. I had to get a take out box for mine. The service was good as well. My only negative would have been the atmosphere. It could use a little sprucing up.
Lesson learned. Looks can be deceiving, but, thanks to T.A., the taste buds were not deceived. I'd go there again.

• Visited September 2013

KC
“One of a kind!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I've been going to this location for years and everything I've ordered has been great. Pork tenderloins are excellent and the cobblers are out of this world. The portions are huge.

Visited August 2013
Calhoun, Missouri
“Home cooked meals!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We eat here fairly often. The food is very good. The prices are comparable to other dine-in restaurants, but the food is better, if you like a more home style meal. The portions are very generous! The service has always been great and I would highly recommend this Family owned and operated restaurant!

• Visited July 2013
“Great food and family friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were traveling through & gave this a try. We were given great service & the food is very good & big portions. They have a great variety on their menu. We will stop again if we are back out in this area again.

• Visited August 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Home cooking but not home made!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Based on previous reviews, we both had the fried chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. The chicken was very greasy and the green beans were so salty I couldn't eat any. The mashed potatoes were bland and tasteless for being made from scratch. We also ordered blackberry cobbler -- which was not made from fresh blackberries even though they were in season. When I asked I was told they get their desserts "brought in" and none had fresh fruit. Yucky!

Visited July 2013