The Ritz-Carlton St Louis is an extremely poorly maintained and poorly managed hotel with average service. Being a Gold Marriott Rewards, Platinum Starwood Preferred Guest, Platinum Hyatt Gold Passport and a Silver Hilton HHonors member, I stay in hotels many nights each year for my heavy business travel schedule. I have stayed at a number of great hotels, many average hotels and a few poor hotels. Despite the Ritz-Carlton brand, the Ritz-Carlton St Louis does not embody the Ritz-Carlton brand promise and, based on my first-hand experience, is a poor hotel.
Based on my stay, I would neither stay at this hotel (or another Ritz-Carlton property) again nor would I recommend this property. There are better maintained and managed hotels in St Louis that offer a better overall experience than the Ritz-Carlton St Louis.
+ accurate reservation (at least it had my Gold Marriott Rewards number)
+ pastry/baked foods (but most other food was only average)
- Broken room toilet (flush lever broken)
- Soiled towels
- Room TV that works only half the time (black screen with audio)
- Fitness room with 3 treadmills, 3 ellipticals (of which 1 is out of order and 1 with a broken TV), 2 bikes (1 with a broken TV)
- "0" operator line and dialing the hotel external number is met with a busy signal during the day
- No newspaper delivered to your room in the morning unless you call to request it twice (if the operator tells you she'll find one and get it to you, don't believe her because she won't call you back)
- Lack of a prompt service escalation management protocol that should identify multiple issues for management the first time the guest reports them. Waiting until the guest reports the issue again is too late.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Entranced by stunning chandeliers, graceful marble, and deep, rich woods, one immediately understands how The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis became an icon in this city dubbed "The Gateway to the West." Amid the warm ambiance of our luxury hotel, guests are transported to an elegant and refined era, one that is alive and well in this adventurous Midwestern city. Suddenly you feel inspired to linger over a martini, close a business arrangement, or just give wild abandon to the senses. Situated in the heart of Clayton, MO, which boasts a prestigious business district and affluent suburban residences, The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis is considered one of the finest luxury hotels near Downtown St. Louis. Treasured by residents for its famed Lobby Lounge featuring a martini bar with over 200 martinis and hand-rolled sushi, private cigar club, and gracious service, it is no surprise that The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis has consistently earned the distinguished Four-Star rating from Forbes Travel Guide Star Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton St. Louis Hotel Clayton
- Ritz Saint Louis
- Ritz-Carlton Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis Clayton, Saint Louis, MO